TRiO Student Support Services
"Supporting Student Success"
TRiO Student Support Services increases opportunities for academic success for first generation, low income students and/or students with disabilities. It actively provides comprehensive academic support services and encouragement to eligible students. The goal is to increase graduation and baccalaureate transfer rates for our students and to foster a climate supportive of the success of SSS-eligible students.
You may be eligible for TRiO if you are a Green River College student who is:
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident or refugee pursuing your first associate degree and have demonstrated need for academic assistance (according to the Department of Education Guidelines)
- Pursuing a transfer degree with intent to transfer to a 4-year school after Green River College graduation, or pursuing an AAS with intent to pursue a BAS program at Green River College (students pursuing professional technical certificates are not eligible, however, you may be eligible for WorkForce Education)
You also must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for eligibility:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent holds a bachelor's degree)
- Meet low-income federal guidelines
- Have a documented disability
(Students who have previously completed a college degree are not eligible for TRiO)
How to Apply
- Complete the Trio Application 2021 form (if you are a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math major, fill out the TRiO STEM application instead) and TRIO Income Verification Form. Email the income verification form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule an orientation appointment with one of our educational planners/advisors
Services offered by TRiO
TRiO offers these free services to participants:
- Personalized educational planning
- Transfer advising
- Major choice and career advising
- Tutoring for specified courses
- Visits to local 4-year colleges
- Scholarship and financial aid resources
- TRiO computer lab
- Textbook and calculator lending library
Student Resources Offered Across Campus
As you work towards your goals at Green River College, you may face challenges both in and out of the classroom. Know that you are not alone.
Our staff and faculty can help connect you with the tools to overcome these challenges. If at any time you need assistance, the following support and services are available to all members of the Gator family, regardless of whether you are a TRiO student.
- Navigate here to see resources available: What are my options?
For more information, please visit the TRiO office. We are here to answer any of your questions about the TRiO Program at Green River College.
We are proud to share that our tutoring program is certified by the College Reading & Learning Association.
The U.S. Department of Education funds two TRIO Student Support Services grants in the amounts of $348,002 (SSS) and $261,888 (SSS- STEM) per year.
The TRiO TEAM
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Thursday|
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday|
Virtual Zoom Lobby: TRiO Lobby
Student Affairs & Success Center, 211