TRiO Student Support Services
Supporting Student Success
TRiO Student Support Services increases opportunities for academic success for first generation, low-income, and/or students with disabilities.
The TRiO team fosters a supportive environment that celebrates the successes of TRiO students and provides comprehensive, ongoing support services to address institutional barriers and navigate individual challenges, to increase graduation and transfer rates.
Are you TRiO?
You may be eligible for TRiO if you are a Green River College student who:
- Meets one or more of these eligibility requirements
- Is a first-generation college student (neither parent holds a bachelor's degree)
- Meets low-income federal guidelines
- Has a documented disability (for example, a Letter of Accommodation from Disability Support Services, an IEP from High School, or a diagnosis from a medical provider)
- Is pursuing your first college degree which is one of these
- A transfer degree with the intent to transfer to a 4-year school after graduation
- An AAS degree with the intent to pursue a Green River BAS program after graduation
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or refugee
TRiO offers these free services to participants:
- Personalized major choice and academic advising
- TRiO student computer lab and study space
- Supplemental tutoring in addition to existing college tutoring and resource services
- Transfer advising, application assistance, and visits to 4-year colleges and universities
- Scholarship and financial aid resources
- Workshops, events, and more!
What it means to be a TRiO student:
- Check in with your TRiO advisor at least once per quarter that you are enrolled
- Discuss your academic and career goals, and let your advisor know if they change over time
- Develop an educational plan to complete your degree, and let your advisor know if you want to change your degree
- Take advantage of the free services available to you as a TRiO participant
- Ask for help when you need it - with anything, no matter how big or small - if we can't help you, we can connect you to those who can
Student Resources Offered Across Campus
As you work towards your goals at Green River College, you may face challenges both in and out of the classroom. Know that you are not alone.
Our staff and faculty can help connect you with the tools to overcome these challenges. If at any time you need assistance, there are support services available to all members of the Gator family, regardless of whether you are a TRiO student.
The U.S. Department of Education funds two TRiO Student Support Services grants at Green River College in the amounts of $348,002 (SSS) and $261,888 (SSS-STEM) per year.
The TRiO TEAM
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday|
Student Affairs & Success Center, 211