Welcome to Career & Advising!
At the Career & Advising Center, our team works with you to explore career options and develop a plan to achieve your academic and professional goals. Our Academic Advisors provide their experience, knowledge, and expertise to help prepare you for a career or transfer to a four-year program.
Spring Quarter Registration:
Registration for Spring Quarter already started for CURRENT students, if you need help picking classes, schedule an appointment here: Current Student Appointments
If you are a new student, you will need to go through the Getting Started Steps and also complete the New Student Enrollment Session (NSAE).
Registration for NEW students will begin February 20th, 2024. New students are required to complete the NSAE before registration.
Schedule an Advising Appointment:
- New or Prospective Student Appts (I don't have a ctc link number)
- Current Student Appointments (I do have a ctc link number/ I am currently taking classes)
Please refer to this link for more help on using EAB.
Other related appointments:
- Career Services Appointment
- Benefits Hub Appointment
- Veteran and Military-Connected Student Advising
- New Veteran and Military-Connected Students
** If you identify as one of the following student categories, please click on the appropriate link to schedule an appointment with your advisor**
- Running Start
- International Student
- TRiO - First-Generation, Low-Income, and/or students with accessibility needs
- English Language Learning (ELL) and Transitional Studies (TS)
Green River College has several advising offices and faculty on campus to assist you with goal exploration, degree planning, and quarterly class selection.
Career Services serves students, alumni, and the community by helping clarify career goals, offering resources, partnering with faculty and linking employers with students to help launch their career.
Our What & Our Pledge
The Career and Advising Center supports students through a caring, inclusive, and authentic approach that promotes access to essential information to empower them to pursue their educational and career goals. Our work is a collaboration between staff, faculty and our diverse student body, encouraging them to take the lead in designing, planning, and navigating their own educational journey. We do this through an individualized, student-centered model to academic advising and holistic student success programming.
We will foster inclusivity, belonging, while we seek to mitigate and dismantle systematic, racist barriers that negatively impact student persistence, degree completion, and well-being.
We will continuously strive to become an anti-racist department through action, reflection, amplification of voices, personal education, professional development, allyship, individual growth, and advocacy.
We will create space for students to identify, develop, and accomplish meaningful educational goals to help them achieve fulfilling academic and professional lives beyond Green River College.
We are uniquely positioned to:
- Advise students in maximizing their degree plan through curricular and co-curricular exploration.
- Engage students in their journey of self-discovery and growth, balancing challenge and support.
- Serve as a catalyst for academic success and enhance student well-being by innovating our professional practice.
- Assist students in understanding the nature, purpose, and potential of higher education.
- Mentor students as they explore and clarify their values and their educational, career and life goals.
- We will create and perpetuate an engaged community of advising practice that will be a collaborative umbrella over our diverse Institution.
- Help students understand and take responsibility for knowing college policies and procedures, including the importance of adhering to deadlines.
- Guide students in recognizing the relationship between academic progress and financial implications.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Fridays: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Mondays & Thursdays: 11am - 1pm
Career and Advising Center is located in SA 104.
Speaking with your advisor is recommended before submitting any forms