Updates to GRC Vaccination Protocol
By Philip Denman, September 2, 2021
Green River College is making the following adjustments to its student COVID-19 vaccination protocols to align with the Governor’s announcement:
- All GRC students must be fully vaccinated or have obtained a medical or religious exemption by Monday, October 18, 2021.
- Students are invited to submit their vaccination verification, or request a religious or medical exemption, starting Thursday, September 9, 2021 using the new Student COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation.
- Green River encourages students to submit their attestation before the start of the fall term on Monday, September 20, 2021. Students who have not verified their vaccination status or requested a medical/religious exemption by October 18 may face academic holds.
- Students requesting a medical exemption may be contacted by the College to insure appropriate accommodation under the ADA.
- This applies to all students enrolled at Green River College, regardless of learning location or modality.
- Per Proclamation 20-12, vaccinations are required for any on-campus activity, not just instruction. This ranges from stopping by the library to check out a book, dropping off financial aid paperwork, to meeting with an instructor or advisor, as well as many other in-person activities and services we’re offering.
- Knowing that these services are being used by students who are enrolled in online, hybrid and in-person classes, and that GRC will continue its work to return to offering increased on-campus instruction and services, and that vaccination is the best way to protect the health and safety of our campus community, the decision was made to extend the vaccination requirement to all GRC students.
- Online-only students coming to campus for support services, campus appointments, or any other campus activity: Online-only students coming to campus for support services or other on-campus appointments are required to report their vaccination verification status and/or request an exemption under the Governor’s proclamation and GRC protocols.
- Online-only students who do not come to campus, out-of-state or outside the US: Online students who never comes to campus for classes, support services, activities, or appointments are NOT required to submit a vaccination verification status and/or request an exemption at this time. However, if you need to come to campus at-a-later-date this quarter or in future quarters and/or your classroom mode of instruction changes to hybrid or in-person you will be required to complete the vaccination verification status and/or exemption process. Monitoring of online student status will be checked by Student Affairs.
- If you were registered for summer term and previously submitted your vaccination status, you will need to resubmit using the new Student COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation.
- As of August 27, 2021, students can no longer request exemptions based on a philosophical objection per Proclamation 20-12. If you previously requested a philosophical exemption you must provide proof of full vaccination, or request a religious or medical exemption by Monday, October 18, 2021.
- Health Occupations and Nursing have different vaccination requirements based on the Governor’s Proclamation 20-14.1 for healthcare workers. Please reach out to your specific program if you have additional questions.
- Please remember to wear a mask at all times while you are on campus.
- All GRC employees must be fully vaccinated or have obtained a medical or religious exemption by Monday, October 18, 2021.
- Faculty and staff are invited to submit their vaccination verification, or request a religious or medical exemption, starting Thursday, September 9, 2021 using the new Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation.
- Green River encourages employees to submit their attestation before the start of the fall term on Monday, September 20, 2021. Per Proclamation 20-14.1, all employees must meet this condition of employment to continue working after October 18, 2021.
- Employees who select a medical or religious exemption must contact Mark Brunke, senior director, Human Resources to obtain the required forms. This process must be completed before October 18, 2021.
- Per Proclamation 20-14.1, philosophical exemptions are not permitted for employees.
- This vaccination verification requirement supersedes the previous vaccination declaration process used during summer term.
Green River College strongly encourages all members of our Gator community-students, staff and faculty-to get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect the health and safety of all.
|Vaccine||Series Dose Requirements||First Dose no later than||Second Dose||Completed Series||Fully Vaccinated|
|Pfizer||2 doses, 21 days apart||09/13/21||10/04/21||10/04/21||10/18/21|
|Moderna||2 doses, 28 days apart||09/06/21||10/04/21||10/04/21||10/18/21|
|Johnson & Johnson||Single dose||10/04/21||N/A||10/04/21||10/18/21|
Vaccinations will be available on GRC’s main Auburn campus on September 17 and October 11. Information can be found at GRC Pop Up Vaccine Clinics. To find additional vaccine providers near you, please visit vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov.
Please remember to wear a mask at all times while on Campus at Green River.