Do you love to work with cars? Join the automotive technology field.
Start building your career as an automotive technician with hands-on knowledge certificates at GRC. Complete all certificates and the required general education classes and get an associate in applied science degree in Automotive Technology.
Automotive technology is a robust sector with a high demand for well trained technicians. Many workers are reaching retirement age and leaving, widening the skills gap and creating a shortage of experienced technicians.
Does this describe you?
- have technical aptitude
- like to problem solve
- enjoy the physical nature of repair work
- have good communication skills
If yes - you will likely find the work interesting and rewarding.
New vehicles are more complex than ever. Learn to use advanced diagnostic tools and work with various vehicle electronics and mechanical systems.
Our modern automotive repair facility will be your classroom.
Experienced GRC instructors will share their industry expertise and teach you to work safely and be resourceful as you diagnose and repair real customers' vehicles.
Earn a living wage and grow professionally as an automotive technician or move into other roles in the automotive industry.
This is a hands-on, self-paced Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) accredited professional training. Area employers know and value the quality of the GRC Automotive Technology program. Our graduates are in high demand!
- complete the program in as little as six quarters
- develop the competencies set by the ASE Education Foundation
- be prepared for entry-level jobs upon completion
- polish your communication skills to work with customers and on teams
- learn business techniques to help you grow your career
Ready to enroll in the Automotive Technology program?
- Complete Green River College application
- Complete placement assessment - you must show college-level reading skills as measured by GRC placement test
- Meet with an advisor to build your education plan
- New students must show proof of a valid driver's license
We provide personal protective equipment and uniforms.
Second-year students are required to buy a tool set - estimated cost $1,400 to $5,000
If you took automotive training in high school, you may be eligible to get GRC credit for these classes. Contact us to confirm credit transferability.
Hands-on learning at the GRC automotive facility
We have two modern shops with ten bays each. You will work on real customers' vehicles, helping GRC students and employees troubleshoot their car problems.
Both shops are equipped with:
- Hunter tire machine
- Hunter tire balancer
- Hunter in-ground alignment rack
- large variety of newer scan tools
- factory scan tools
- four- and eight-channel slopes
GRC Automotive Technology program is an education partner of Subaru of America.
Through Subaru-U, GRC students can take most of the entry-level training that is required for all Subaru technicians.
Subaru donated three newer vehicles to the GRC Automotive Technology program.
- Independent auto repair shops
- Automotive dealerships
- Public transport agencies
- Government agencies (other)
- Insurance companies
- Service stations
- Specialty shops - parts, accessories, tires
- Performance shops
- Vehicle restoration shops
- Tire companies
- Trucking companies
- Vehicle fleet companies
CONNECT WITH US!
Got a question? Let's talk.
253-833-9111, ext. 4100
253-833-9111, ext. 4202
253-833-9111, ext. 4253
Instructional Aide/Service Advisor
253-833-9111, ext. 5556
Instructional Aide/Service Advisor
253-833-9111, ext. 6829
Degrees & Certificates
WE WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED
Small class sizes make it easy to ask questions and get to know your professors and peers. We will connect you with academic, financial, and community resources to help you reach your goals.
- Career and Advising Center
- Tutoring and Resource Center
- Faculty mentor in your program
- Financial Aid Office
- GRC Foundation Scholarships
- Veterans and Miitary Student Support
- Disability Support Services
- Worforce Education Services
- TRiO Student Support Seervices
Our students can help troubleshoot your car problem!
Green River Automotive is a full-service shop. Are you a senior citizen, or a GRC student or employee? Our students can work on your vehicle if your car issue fits within our curriculum.
Call 253-735-4100 to talk to our staff.
GRC instructors must approve all work before we can schedule an appointment
STUDENT WORK IS NOT GUARANTEED
Services we do NOT perform:
- Oil Changes (unless part of a larger service)
- Scheduled maintenances (20k, 60k, 100k, etc.)
- Engine rebuilds or swaps
- Auto Transmission rebuilds
- Exhaust work
- Modifications or customizations of any kind
We do not service the general public.