About our program
Early Childhood Education is one of the fastest-growing professions in the nation. Green River College offers both degree and certificate programs with opportunities to specialize in a variety of areas.
Early Childhood Education graduates often work in a classroom, child-care setting or home with young children, planning developmentally appropriate curriculum and scheduling activities to meet children’s physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs. The early childhood professional works closely with families and other specialists in order to ensure optimum development during the early years.
Green River College offers a two-year Associate in Applied Arts Degree program and certificate programs to prepare graduates for employment in a variety of settings with children. This curriculum is also designed to provide meaningful instruction for parents, foster parents, day-care parents, persons working with young children, school aides, and Para-educators.
Green River advantages
Prepare to succeed
- A solid core of classes in Early Childhood Education, integrating cultural relevancy and anti-bias practices into the curriculum.
- An opportunity to choose from many different work settings upon graduation.
- Supervised practicums in early childhood settings that combine theory with hands-on experience.
- Opportunities exist within Project TEACH, a teacher preparation program that recruits students from area high schools and the community to begin their teaching careers at Green River. Check out: www.projectteach.org
- Classes are offered during the day, evenings, and on the internet to meet your needs.
- Earn the credentials you need in as little as two quarters or complete your Associates in as little as two years.
- You must have at least 10th grade reading skills.
- Some classes have modest lab fees.
- You should have an interest in developing and maintaining positive, collaborative relationships with families.
- You should have a willingness to work effectively with diverse populations.
Degrees & Certificates
Gainful Employment Information
- Early Childhood Assistant Teacher Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Paraeducator State Certificate
- Montessori Assistant Certificate of Proficiency
- Early Childhood Education - General Certificate
- Early Childhood Education - State Certificate
For information, please contact:
- Leslie Kessler Early Childhood Education BAS Director Office
- Tanzi Blake, Program Coordinator
Office phone: 253-931-6836
- Andee Church
ECE Faculty, Early Achievers Grant Point of Contact
Office Phone: 253-887-5419