About our Program
Engineering students from Green River College are setting the academic bar at top universities around the country.
Despite the academic rigor – or perhaps because of it – the Engineering program at Green River is the second most requested program at the college for students from around the world.
Green River College’s Engineering Program has three major-ready pathways for students:
- Mechanical/civil/aeronautical/materials science
- Chemical - biological
- Electrical - computer
These pathways are designed to make students transfer-ready at selected four-year universities and reduce the time it takes for students to earn a degree.
Available areas of focus for your Associate in Science Transfer Degree (AST-2) include:
- Aeronautical Pre-Engineering
- Biological Pre-Engineering
- Chemical Pre-Engineering
- Civil Pre-Engineering
- Computer Pre-Engineering
- Electrical Pre-Engineering
- Industrial Pre-Engineering
- Material Science Pre-Engineering
- Mechanical Pre-Engineering
- Other Pre-Engineering
At Green River College you may begin your studies by taking courses that prepare you to be "major ready" and transfer to a university. While you are taking your major prerequisites within your transfer degree, you can focus your distribution choices and elective credits toward meeting your educational goals and area of interest.
All transferability of classes to four-year institutions is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Students should contact an advisor at the college to which they intend to transfer. Please visit the College Transfer Center for more information.
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Science Transfer Track 2/MRP-Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/Industrial/Materials Science, AST-2/MRP
- Associate in Science Transfer Track 2/MRP-Bioengineering and Chemical Pre-Engineering, AST-2/MRP
- Associate in Science Transfer Track 2/MRP-Computer and Electrical Pre-Engineering, AST-2/MRP
- Phillip Andrist
253-833-9111, ext. 4722
For personal assistance in developing an academic plan, please contact your advisor