start building your engineering career at GRC!
Engineering track associate degree is one the most popular programs at GRC for US and international students. Explore the different engineering fields, complete engineering major prerequisites, and transfer to top universities around the country. Save time and money with our rigorous courses at a lower tuition rate!
GRC offers three pathways to prepare students for their preferred engineering major:
- mechanical, aeronautical, industrial, and civil engineering
- chemical and bioengineering
- electrical and computer engineering
These pathways are designed to prepare students for transfer to four-year universities and will reduce the time it takes to earn a bachelor's degree in engineering. Most universities have a separate admission process for transfer students.
Why start your engineering education at GRC?
- Cost-effective: GRC offers lower tuition rates compared to universities.
- Small class sizes: enjoy smaller class sizes, and a more personalized learning experience.
- Student support: services to help meet your academic and financial needs
- Strong foundation: pre-engineering programs at GRC provide a solid foundation in mathematics, science, and fundamental engineering principles.
- Transfer agreements: credits you earn for your associate degree at GRC smoothly transfer to most universities in the US.
- Smooth transition to university: experience university-level academic rigor, create your education plan, adjust to life as a college student in a friendly setting
Improve your university admission opportunities with an associates degree in engineering!
Show your commitment: an associate degree in engineering shows your dedication and commitment to the field
Academic rigor: completing a pre-engineering program proves you can do well in challenging coursework, and will make you a desirable applicant during the university admission process
Higher acceptance rates: many universities have higher acceptance rates for transfer students, especially those who have completed an associate degree. This can increase your chances of getting admitted to your desired engineering program.
Letters of recommendation: GRC professors can provide strong letters of recommendation attesting to your academic performance, work ethic, and potential for success in an engineering program
Associate in Science Transfer Degree (AST-2) areas of focus
Explore the career options for the different branches of engineering - follow the links for detailed information on the field, and employment and wages data.
- Aeronautical Engineering - design, develop, and test aircraft and spacecraft
- Civil Engineering - plan, design, and oversee the construction of infrastructure projects like roads, bridges, buildings, and water supply systems.
- Industrial Engineering - optimize complex systems, processes, and operations to enhance efficiency and productivity of organizations across industries
- Material Science Engineering - develop advanced materials for diverse applications, from electronics and energy storage to medical devices and construction materials
- Mechanical Engineering - design, analyze, and improve mechanical systems and devices, such as engines, machines, and tools
- Electrical Engineering - apply the knowledge of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism in areas like power generation, telecommunications, and control systems
- Computer Engineering - combine principles of electrical engineering and computer science to design and develop computer systems, hardware, and software
- Chemical Engineering - design, develop, and optimize manufacturing processes for chemicals, fuels, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Biomedical Engineering - integrate principles of engineering and biology to create solutions in healthcare: medical devices, prosthetics, and imaging systems
Green River College is fully accredited. Academic courses will usually be accepted by other institutions offering the same (or similar) courses. Each institution has its own transfer policy. Students should contact an advisor at the college to which they intend to transfer to confirm their requirements. Please visit the Career and Advising Center for more information and ask about advising for transfer students.
Connect with us!
Got a question? Let's talk.
Engineering Faculty Advisor
253-833-9111 ext. 4722
Start building your career in engineering today!
Degree requirements - Associate in Science Transfer Track 2 Engineering
- Associate in Science Transfer Track 2/MRP-Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering, AST-2/MRP
- Associate in Science Transfer Track 2/MRP-Civil and Mechanical Engineering, AST-2/MRP
- Associate in Science Transfer Track 2/MRP-Computer and Electrical Engineering, AST-2/MRP
Contact your advisor to develop a personalized academic plan and to learn more about transfer requirements.
253-833-9111 ext. 2641
253-833-9111 ext. 2655
253-833-9111 ext 6460
WE WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED
Small class sizes make it easy to ask questions and get to know your professors and peers. We will connect you with academic, financial, and community resources to help you reach your goals.