About our program
Mechatronic students learn how to operate, maintain and repair modern industrial machinery. Green Rivers Mechatronics Technician Program is a hands-on, student-centered program. Students will about the following:
- Hydraulic Systems
- Pneumatic Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Electric Motor Controls
- Ladder Logic
- Programable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Industrial Rigging
- Forklift and Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) Training
What is Mechatronics?
The word Mechatronics is a combination of two words. The two words are Mechanical and Electronics. They are combined in both title and job function.
- A Mechatronics technician is the highly skilled version of a Maintenance Technician.
- A Mechatronics Technician is the jack of all trades in the industrial Engineering field.
- The Mechatronics field combines the disciplines of mechanical, electrical and computer engineering.
- We are problem solvers in the industrial field.
- The field of Mechatronics is ideal for individuals who like variety and solving problems with their hands as much as sitting down and solving them with a computer.
Mechatronics = MechTechs
Below are a few settings where you will find our students working and solving problems:
- Large robots that move heavy loads as well as smaller robots used in simple pick and place operations
- Control systems for food and beverage packers and even amusement park rides
- Autonomous Mobile Robots and Automation Systems
- Machine repair, maintenance, and design
- Industrial Prototype and Design