About Our Programs
Demand for qualified natural resources practitioners continues to grow. Green River College Natural Resources programs offer a variety of paths that will prepare graduates for immediate employment within industry. Everyone receives training in forestry with the opportunity to build on that knowledge in water quality, wildfire, park management, and applied geographic information systems. Our programs provide a hands-on learning experience that prepares students for the field.
Make your dream of an outdoor career in natural resources a reality with the most affordable and applied programs in the Northwest - contact us for an application!
The Natural Resources department offers a wide variety of paths to your career goals.
Our core program offers 5 Associates of Applied Science degrees and a Bachelor's of Applied Science degree. All students who complete the Associates track will earn their Forestry, AAS with the option to incorporate additional classes to earn their Wildland Fire, AAS, Water Quality, AAS, Park Management, AAS, and/or Geographic Information Systems, AAS. From there, students can jump right into an industry position or continue their education and earn their Forest Resource Management, BAS.
Students interested in transferring to another college or university should review the Natural Resources, AAS-T track.
- The Forestry, AAS program is accredited by the Society of American Foresters
- Green River College sits on a 260-acre learning forest that the Natural Resources Department manages
- We manage our own fleet of 5 vehicles, including 2 (highly) lifted Chevy Express Vans for field trips
- Students have access to camping and backpacking gear, power tools, and other equipment to use in their classes
- Internships (often paid) are part of the degree requirements and can lead to permanent positions after graduation
The following table shows post-college outcomes for Natural Resources AAS Graduates. This data represents the 2020-2022 graduates.
|AAS Post-College Outcomes (2020-2022)
|Total AAS Students Enrolled
|% of graduating students
|% of students employed
|% of students continuing higher education
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
Meet The Team
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact:
Natural Resources Program Manager