Medical Assistant Certified to Practical Nursing
This option is designed for students who are already Medical Assistant-Certified and meet the following criteria:
- An active, unencumbered MA-C license in the state of Washington, proof of licensure must be included at the time of application
- Graduated from an approved MA-C educational program, transcripts must be included at the time of application
- Complete all Practical Nursing program pre-requisite coursework. A minimum grade of 2.5 or higher is required in each nursing and supporting course.
Those applying to the MA to PN option, please indicate that on the top of the Practical Nursing application.
Students enrolling in the MA to PN program may receive credit for prior learning*. Upon completion of the program, they will have completed the required 90 credits for the Practical Nursing AAS with 2 credits CPLA applied. MA to PN students must complete all the pre-requisite coursework and requirements of the application process for the Practical Nursing program.
*Students wishing to apply for the 2 credits of CPLA must demonstrate proficiency on a skills exam after being accepted to the program.
For more information about the Practical Nursing Program please visit: Practical Nursing - Green River College
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- Online PDF File Merge Tool
- Program Overview
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Important Dates
- Costs & Funding Options
- 2022-2023 Nursing Student Handbook
- Practical Nursing FAQ's
Contact & Location
- Nursing Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.