Costs and Requirements
In addition to the Green River College tuition and fees, the PTA student will have additional expenses (amounts are approximate) including:
Tuition and Fees
- Required PTA textbooks - $900
- Co-op fees for some Physical Therapist Assistant courses. Co-op fees are $30 - 35 per quarter or less.
- Student medical malpractice insurance - approximately $20 per year
- Student liability insurance - $2.50 per year
- Health insurance – proof of current health insurance through any company is required (for injury only). Available through the college for $159 per year injury only or $755 per year injury & illness.
- Transportation-Students are expected to provide their own transportation to assigned clinical facilities.
- CPR for Health Care Professionals - $60
- TB test - $15
- Updated immunizations or titration levels (measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox) if needed. Proof that immunization status is current is required.
- Hepatitis immunization* - $150
- Lab coat - $40 (Some affiliation sites require a lab coat.)
- HIV/AIDS Training - $45
- National Criminal Background check - $50 (maybe more in some circumstances.)
- APTA student membership* - $80
- Some affiliation sites may require drug screening (cost may be as high as $40)
- Student malpractice insurance: Available through the college for approximately $20 per year
- Student liability insurance: Available through the college for about $2.50 per year
- Health insurance: Any policy is acceptable; also available through the college.
- Access to reliable transportation is required. Bus service will not accommodate transportation needs as clinical sites range from south of Olympia to Everett.
Prior to clinical work students must have completed the Clinical Placement Northwest Collaborative Student/Faculty Clinical Passport Requirements as per the Nursing Commission.
Certifications prior to clinical work
- Proof of required certifications including; CPR, Blood-Born Pathogens (AIDS) and HIPAA
- Students will be provided with information about obtaining these certifications after entering the program.
The PTA program complies with the “Child/Adult Abuse Information Act,” RCW 43.43.830 through 43.43.840. Authorization for a child and adult abuse background check is required of each applicant. Some convictions may disqualify students from clinical placements and therefore program completion. Some clinics require additional background checks and drug testing. Individuals whose background checks identify a record of convictions will be required to meet with a faculty member to discuss the findings prior to admission into the program.
- A Washington State Patrol background check is required as a part of the application process
- Prior to beginning clinical work students will be required to complete a national background check. Information will be provided to enrolled students.
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- PTA Info Sheet
- Physical Therapist Assistant Application (2020)
- Physical Therapist Assistant Tuition & Fees
- Program Outcomes Data
Contact & Location
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
- Health Occupations Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Physical Therapist Assistant program at Green River College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 253-833-9111 ext. 4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.