Registration Dates & Deadlines for Currently Enrolled Students
|Quarter||Reistration Opens||Registration Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Spring 2018||Feb. 6, 2018||March 30, 2018||April 2, 2018|
|Fall 2018||May 1, 2018||Sept. 21, 2018||Sept. 24. 2018|
|Winter 2019||Nov. 6, 2018||Dec 28, 2018||Jan. 2, 2019|
Before You Register
Running Start students must complete the following steps each quarter before registering for the following quarter.
- Week three of each quarter
Check your registration access time to check the specific day and time you are allowed to register for classes.
- Prior to your registration access time
Meet with your high school counselor or school district office to complete the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form. Complete the form, including your signature and a parent or guardians signature. Submit the form to the Running Start Office at least one week prior to registration to ensure it is processed in time. Incomplete forms may delay your registration.
- If you are on academic alert or probation
You must complete an academic success plan and self-assessment prior to registering for classes. Students will receive these forms via email at the beginning of the quarter and can submit them to the Career & Advising Center or email them to RunningStart@greenriver.edu. If you would like to meet with an advisor to discuss your academic progress, you can call 253-833-9111, ext. 2674 to schedule an appointment.
Registering for Classes
- You may utilize the following tools to search for courses:
- Class Finder: This tool allows you to search for classes by subject, time, campus location, and more.
- Class Schedule: Includes class offerings for a particular quarter and important information regarding tuition, academic calendar, and more.
- College Catalog: Provides course descriptions for all Green River College classes and important college academic policies.
- If you already have the item number(s) of the class(es) you would like to register for, then you may proceed to online registration.
- If you are on a waitlist for a class that is full, remember to check your email regularly as you will be notified of your waitlist position. To remove yourself from a waitlist, you can manage your waitlist.
- Remember to pay for your fees (and tuition, if applicable) within four business days after registering for classes. You may pay online or at the Cashier's Office.
If you are interested in taking an online class, we recommend starting with one online class or a hybrid (both online and classroom format) class. Learn more about hybrid courses.
Check out our tip sheet to help you be successful in the online learning environment; Online course tip sheet.
If you have any questions about Running Start or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with an educational planner please do not hesitate to contact us!
The Running Start Office is located in the Student Affairs Building (SA 122) on the Main Campus.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092-3699
Immigrant & Refugee Resources
For the latest news and updates regarding U.S. immigration policy, please visit the Holman Library's guide on Immigrant and Refugee Resources.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Tuesday|
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday - Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|