Current Student Registration


  • What if my records are blocked when I try to register?
    Ask yourself the following questions:
    • Have I submitted my Enrollment Verification form? If not, you must do so prior to registering.
    • Am I on Academic Alert or Probation? If so, you must meet with an advisor prior to any registration activity.
    • Do I have any outstanding fines or parking tickets? Outstanding fines or parking tickets must be paid prior to registration.
  • What happens if I miss the registration deadline?
    You will not be able to participate in the Running Start program for the quarter. You must be registered or officially waitlisted for classes by the deadline (vs. just having submitted your Enrollment Verification form).
  • What if I need to change my schedule after the quarter begins?
    If you need to add or withdraw (“drop”) from a class once the quarter has begun, there are specific timeframes you need to follow:
    • Please note: only you as the student can initiate and complete adding/dropping classes on your schedule. An instructor, parent, or advisor cannot complete this process for you.
    • You may add, drop, or swap classes on your schedule using online services
    • Be mindful of the deadlines to withdraw from classes each quarter. There are always two windows of opportunity to withdraw from classes: the first deadline allows you to withdraw from class(es) and not post to your permanent transcript. The second deadline allows you to withdraw and a "W" will post to your transcript, instead of decimal grade. These important dates are published on the Dates and Deadlines site. 
    • If you are on academic alert or probation, you must contact a Running Start advisor prior to any schedule changes; you will be blocked from registration activity until you do so.
    • Consult with your high school counselor to determine how schedule changes will impact your high school transcript.
    • Always save a receipt of your enrollment transactions for your records.
  • I’m not sure about my math placement…help!
    Running Start students are strongly encouraged to continue with math courses – even if they have met their high school’s math diploma requirement. Stopping out of a math sequence can make it difficult later on to get back into the groove of taking math. Students may complete math at the high school or decide to take math at Green River – either way, it’s a good idea to do so.

    Please visit the Placement website for information on advising and placement. There are a few ways students are placed into math at Green River. If you feel your placement scores are not an accurate reflection of your skills, these options may be useful to you.

Special Notices

Special Spring Quarter drop-in advising schedule starting 3/29!


Information Sessions

Upload Tool


Contact Us

Phone: 253-288-3380
(Do not include ID# or file attachments)
Visit: Student Affairs & Success Center - SA 135

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Zoom Virtual Lobby 

9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Social Media: