On October 25, Green River College is launching the ctcLink student self-service portal that provides an improved user experience. Students should take steps to:
- Visit the ctcLink webpage to activate your ctcLink account beginning October 25th
- At this time, students will not be able to view information regarding their financial aid in ctcLink. Please refer to the Student Financial Aid Portal to view your aid status for the current award year (fall 2021, winter 2022, spring 2022). After the new year, information regarding the status of your aid for the 2022-2023 award year will be available in ctcLink for those who have submitted their FAFSA/WASFA applications.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions regarding your aid. We will re-open on October 25th. Please refer to our hours of operation to see when and how you can get in touch with us.
- Renew Your FAFSA/WASFA applications for the 2022-2023 award year to ensure that you continue to receive aid for summer and fall quarter 2022.
Applying for Aid
Here are the steps to follow to receive your financial aid in a timely manner. Receiving financial aid is a five-step process for most students.
1. Apply for admission to Green River College
Returning students who have been away for a quarter or more must re-apply to the college.
2. Submit aid applications
- Submit online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid). We cannot guarantee that applications submitted after the priority processing deadline will be reviewed in time for the start of the quarter. Which application should I complete?
FAFSA/WASFA 2021-2022 (Fall 2021 - Spring 2022)
FAFSA/WASFA 2022-2023 (Summer 2022 - Spring 2023)
Need Help with filing your FAFSA or WASFA?
Make an appointment to meet in Zoom
Make an appointment to meet in-person
3. If you have submitted your 2021-2022 FAFSA or WASFA for the current award year, please check the Financial Aid Portal for the status of your application.
If you submitted your FAFSA or WASFA in October, November, or December for the 2022-2023 award year, log into ctcLink after the new year to check your application status.
- We will email you, via Green River email, requesting any additional documents necessary to prepare your file for review.
- You can download most of the requested documents from the Financial Aid Forms site, and/or the Internal Revenue Services (IRS)
- Please upload any forms or documents electronically to our office via our secure document upload tool or the Financial Aid Portal.
4. Receive your Financial Aid
- Receive instructions on how to select a refund preference in the mail and in your student email from BankMobile Disbursements. If you have not received instructions from BankMobile by the time you receive your award letter, please contact our office. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/how-it-works/.
- Receive your financial aid award letter in the mail and email
- Accept/decline the offered awards through the portal or by returning the award letter to our office.
- After your tuition has been paid, you receive your remaining financial aid through BankMobile Disbursements.
5. Manage your Financial Aid
In order to remain eligible to receive financial aid, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP); failure to do so will result in a loss and/or repayment of aid. Please connect with our office if you are struggling to complete your clases before dropping or withdrawing to discuss its potential impacts.
6. Re-New Your Aid
Students must re-submit their FAFSA/WASFA every award year with updated tax and income information to maintain their eligibility for aid. Both applications become available on October 1st each year to apply for aid for the following year.
The Financial Aid Office will re-open to answer student questions beginning October 25th. Our hours of operation for the rest of fall quarter are listed below.
Renew Your FAFSA/WASFA for 2022-23
The new FAFSA and WASFA applications for the 2022-23 award year are available. Renew your application today to ensure you have aid for summer and fall quarter next year.
We are currently processing financial aid applications for fall quarter completed in August 2021 (updated on 11/23/2021)
How do I submit a document to Financial Aid?
Students can now submit files electronically to our office using our secure document upload tool. Students can continue to submit documents via the Financial Aid Portal, but we will no longer accept documents via email for security reasons.
Need extra money?
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Fall Quarter Hours Beginning October 25th|
|Monday - Friday 12 PM - 4 PM|
|Phone Hours (253) 288-3392|
|Monday - Friday 10 AM - 4 PM|
|In-Person Help at GRC's Main Campus in Auburn|
|Available by Appointment on Mondays and Thursdays from 8 AM - 5 PM|
Make an appointment to meet financial aid staff in-person
Green River College | 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA. 98092
Student Affairs Building, Room 231