Applying for Aid
Here are the steps to follow to receive your financial aid in a timely manner. Receiving financial aid is a five-step process for most students.
1. Apply for admission to Green River College
Returning students who have been away for a quarter or more must notify Enrollment Services by call, 253-833-9111, ext. 2500, or in person.
2. Submit aid applications
- Submit online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid). Which application should I complete?
FAFSA 2020-2021 (Fall 2020 - Summer 2021)
FAFSA 2019-2020 (Fall 2019 - Summer 2020)
Need Help with filing your FAFSA?
Chat with Financial Aid representatives via online Zoom!
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- 5-7 business days after you complete the FAFSA/WASFA, we receive your processed FAFSA/WASFA electronically and you will be able to log into the Student Financial Aid Portal to check your application status.
- Once the Financial Aid office receives all necessary documents, “Ready to Review” will be posted on your Financial Aid Portal.
- You can find the “Ready to Review” Item from the bottom of the Portal page in the “Information We Need From You” section and the month your file was complete will be shown in the “Additional Info” column.
3. Log into your Student Financial Aid Portal
Check the Financial Aid Portal to review your financial aid status. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid.
4. Receive your Financial Aid
- Receive a Refund Selection Kit in the mail from BankMobile Disbursements. Follow the kit's directions to select your refund preference. If you have not received the BankMobile's Refund Selection Kit by the time you receive your award letter, please contact our office. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/how-it-works/.
- Receive your financial aid award letter in the mail and email; posted on the portal under the "Award" section as well.
- Accept/decline the offered awards through the portal or by returning the award letter to our office.
- After your tuition has been paid, you receive your remaining financial aid through BankMobile Disbursements.
5. Manage your Financial Aid
In order to remain eligible to receive financial aid, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP); failure to do so will result in a loss and/or repayment of aid.
Call Financial Aid Office
(253)833-9111 ext. 2449
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday-Friday
The Financial Aid phone line will be unavailable on Friday afternoon (10/23/2020) from 12:30 - 4:00 PM. Please visit our Zoom lobby if you need assistance during this time.
Chat with Financial Aid representatives via online Zoom. (You can get help with filing your FAFSA)
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Monday-Friday
The college offers Emergency Grant Fundings now. Click this Link to apply.
We are currently processing applications completed in May 2020. (updated on 9/18/20)
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Remote Service Hours (Zoom, Email)|
|12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday|
|10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday|
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2449
Location: Student Affairs
and Success Center, 231