Applying for Aid
Here are the steps to follow to receive your financial aid in a timely manner. Receiving financial aid is a five-step process for most students.
1. Apply for admission to Green River College
Returning students who have been away for a quarter or more must notify Enrollment Services by call, 253-833-9111, ext. 2500, or in person.
2. Submit aid applications
- Submit online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid). Which application should I complete?
FAFSA 2018-2019 for 2018-2019 Academic Year (Fall 2018 - Summer 2019)
FAFSA 2017-2018 for 2017-2018 Academic Year (Fall 2017 - Summer 2018)
- 5-7 business days after you complete the FAFSA, you'll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor via email or in the mail. If you find a mistake from your SAR, please correct or update your FAFSA.
- 5-7 business days after you complete the FAFSA/WASFA, we receive your processed FAFSA/WASFA electronically and you will be able to log in to the Student Financial Aid Portal to check your application status. We will email you, via Green River email, requesting any additional documents necessary to prepare your file for review. You can download most of the requested documents from the Student Financial Aid Portal, Financial Aid Forms site, and/or the Internal Revenue Services (IRS).
- Once the Financial Aid office receives all necessary documents, “Ready to Review” will be posted on your Financial Aid Portal. You can find the “Ready to Review” Item from the bottom of the Portal page in the “Information We Need From You” section and the month your file was complete will be shown in the “Additional Info” column.
Need Help? Sign up for a Financial Aid Workshop. Create a free account and search "Financial Aid Workshop"
3. Log into your Student Financial Aid Portal
Check the Financial Aid Portal to review your financial aid status. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid.
4. Receive your Financial Aid
- Receive a Refund Selection Kit in the mail from BankMobile Disbursements. Follow the kit's directions to select your disbursement method. If you have not received the BankMobile's Refund Selection Kit by the time you receive your award letter, please contact our office.
- Receive your financial aid award letter in the mail and email; posted on the portal under the "Award" section as well.
- Accept/decline the offered awards through the portal or by returning the award letter to our office.
- After your tuition has been paid, you receive your remaining financial aid through BankMobile Disbursements.
5. Manage your Financial Aid
In order to remain eligible to receive financial aid, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP); failure to do so will result in a loss and/or repayment of aid.
2018-2019 Academic Year Applications (Fall 2018 - Summer 2019)
- Please complete 2018-2019 FAFSA or WASFA Application now! Which application should I complete?
- We no longer require Supplemental Financial Aid Applications.
Summer Quarter 2018
- Summer quarter tuition holds will be given to files completed by May 15.
Fall Quarter 2018
- Fall quarter tuition holds will be given to files completed by June 15.
We are currently processing 2018-2019 applications completed in January 2018. (updated on 6/6/18)
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2449
Location: Student Affairs
and Success Center, 231
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780