Information for Host Families
Thank you for your interest in becoming a host family for our international students.
Green River College's International Housing program began in 1989 with fifty host families and less than 100 international students. The program has grown to over 110 active host families and between 700 and 800 international students.
More often than not, international students build lifelong bonds with their host families, and Green River truly values and embraces the importance of host families in the community.
A host family must be able to provide:
- A private bedroom furnished with a bed, desk, chair, lamp, and clothing storage.
- A host family is also required to provide food for 3 meals a day. For breakfast and lunch the food should be available for the student to prepare themselves, and dinner should be prepared family-style.
- All host families must be on a convenient bus line or within walking distance.
- The use of all household amenities.
- Share living expenses are paid directly from the student to the host family.
|Spring Term Shared Living|
|16-year-old program - $950 p/m|
|17+ program - $825 p/m|
All prospective families must attend a virtual orientation, complete an application, and complete a background check for everyone in the home 18 years and older. The IP Housing staff will visit each home before a student will be placed with a family.
If you are interested in becoming a Host Family, please email the IP Housing Department at Housing@greenriver.edu or call us at 253-288-3309.
Thank you to all of our host families for being kind, respectful, gracious, and sharing your homes with our students. You help make this program the success that it is.
Follow us on:
The application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is 8 a.m. on the first day of in-person orientation.
|3 January 2023|
|23 March 2023|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|1 February 2023|
|Orientation Student (virtual)|
|15 & 16 March 2023|
|Orientation Parent (virtual)|
|17 March 2023|
|Arrival & Housing Move-in Day|
|29 March 2023|
|In-Person Orientation Day|
|30 March 2023|
|3 April 2023|
|16 June 2023|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday|
|9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday|