Data Analyst Certificate
“The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.” - Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of HP
Make Data-Driven Decisions
Data Analysts help companies make informed decisions, improve efficiencies, increase profits and achieve organizational goals. In addition to analyzing and interpreting data, data analysts must deliver their findings in easily digestible visuals.
Green River’s new Data Analyst Certificate teaches you how to extract data from a database, organize and massage the data and present your findings through well-designed data graphics.
The Certificate is Recommended for Individuals
- Who want to use data to support business decisions
- Who are responsible for organizing and analyzing complex data
- Who are seeking a new career in technology and data collection/analysis
- Who want to increase their value to their employer or improve marketability in the job market
- Curriculum is developed and taught by data analyst professionals
- Courses are offered in the evenings and on weekends, so they don’t interfere with work
- Complete the Certificate in as little as three quarters or at your own pace
- Register for courses individually, or register for a series of courses and save
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics does not currently collect data specifically about data analysts. However, management analysts have similar roles. Employment of management analysts is projected to grow 14 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for the services of these workers should grow as organizations continue to seek ways to improve efficiency and control costs. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor, 2018)
To learn more about our Data Analyst Certificate, attend our free Data Analyst Certificate Information Session.
The Data Analyst Certificate consists of eight* required courses totaling 105 hours of course work. Most people are able to complete the Certificate in three quarters. You may register for the courses individually, or you can save money by registering for a series of courses.
Click on the courses listed below for current offerings, textbook information, prerequisities, prices and to register online.
|Required Courses||Hours||Quarters Typically Offered|
|Data Analyst Certificate Part 1: SQL Server (4 Class Series)||45||Fall, Winter, Spring|
|Relational Database Concepts and Design||9||Fall, Winter, Spring|
|SQL Programming Level 1||15||Fall, Winter, Spring|
|SQL Programming Level 2||12||Fall, Winter, Spring|
|SQL Server Certificate Capstone||9||Fall, Winter, Spring|
|Data Analyst Certificate Part 2: Python for Data Analysis||24||Winter, Summer|
|Data Analyst Certificate Part 3: Exploratory Data Analysis (3 Class Series)||36||Spring, Summer|
|Data Mining||18||Spring, Summer|
|Data Visualization||9||Spring, Summer|
|Data Analyst Certificate Capstone||9||Spring, Summer|
|Parts 1, 2 and 3||105|
You may skip Data Analyst Certificate Part 1: SQL Server (4 Class Series) and start with Data Analyst Certificate Part 2: Python for Data Analysis if you:
- Successfully completed* Green River’s SQL Server Certificate (3 Class Series) prior to Fall 2018.
- Have proven industry experience with SQL Server, which will be verified via the completion of an assigned project. It is highly recommended that you request this project at least 10 days prior to the Python for Data Analysis course start date. Please contact us at 253-833-9111 x 2535 for details.
* Attended 80% of each course and received the SQL Server Certificate of Completion.
To earn the Data Analyst Certificate of Completion, you must meet the following requirements:
- Take all eight required courses
- Attend 80 percent of each course (based on number of sessions in each course), except the Capstone courses, where 100% attendance is required. Please note: Saturday courses lasting longer than four hours will count as two sessions.
- Participate in class
- Successfully complete the SQL Server Capstone project AND the Data Analyst Certificate Capstone project by the deadlines given.
For additional information, please call Green River Continuing Education at 253-833-9111, ext. 2535.
Questions? Please submit the form below and we will be in touch!
Green River College
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2535