Frequently Asked Questions

Continuing Education at Green River College

Continuing Education FAQs

How do I apply for a Continuing Education class?
We make it easy -- no application or transcript required. For information on how to register, please visit our Registration Information page.

What is the minimum education level to take a Continuing Education class?
Some courses have prerequisites. Please see the course description for more information.

Do you offer any funding options or financial aid?
Most CE classes are non-credit and do not qualify for financial aid. However, students receiving unemployment may qualify for certain resources. Please contact our Workforce Education Department at 253-833-9111. ext. 2211.

I am a veteran. Is GI Bill® funding available for Continuing Education classes?
Since most CE courses are non-credit, they do not qualify for GI Bill® funding. Contact our Veteran’s Services Department at 253-833-9111 ext. 2466 for information.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Do you accept third party payments?
We accept third party payments. Please contact us at 253-833-9111 x 2535 for additional information.

Do you offer any discounts?
We offer discounts for some programs. For example:

  • Series – We bundle several courses together and offer a discounted rate when purchased as a series.
  • Prime Time – By becoming a Prime Time member, those who are 55+ receive a 10 percent discount on all CE courses as well as membership rates on Prime Time classes.
  • Youth Camps – We offer a variety of discounts for our Youth Camps.

What is the difference between a certificate program and a certification?
To learn about the differences between certificate programs and certifications, please visit our Certificate Programs and Certifications page.

What is a CEU?
We award Continuing Education Units, or CEUs, to show successful completion of our non-credit courses. A CEU represents approximately ten (10) contact hours of experience in a structured Continuing Education course, seminar, workshop, etc. that is supervised by a qualified Continuing Education provider. CEUs are similar in theory to academic credits but differ in two important respects:

  1. CEUs are not awarded for academic study and do not represent, or provide, academic credit; and
  2. They may be awarded for a variety of experiences in different settings whose only common criterion is that they be measurable, supervised educational or training experiences with defined starting and ending points.

To request a CEU letter, please visit our Course Completion page.

How do I know if your campus is closed due to inclement weather?
We will make every effort to contact you (via the information provided at the time of registration) when our campuses are closed due to inclement weather. However, it is not always possible to reach every student in every class. Therefore, please visit Green River’s website and look for closure information pertaining to the campus where your class is held. We also highly recommend signing-up for Campus Emergency/Weather/Safety Alerts.

Contact Us

Questions? Please submit the form below and we will be in touch!