About our Program
Prepare for an exciting career in tech with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Software Development.
Affordable tuition, stellar instruction, and project-based learning opportunities make our applied bachelor’s program a popular destination for computing majors throughout the Seattle-Tacoma region. This degree prepares graduates for high-demand jobs such as software developer, web developer, software developer in test, and quality assurance (QA) analyst.
- Hands-on experience working with the latest technologies.
- Small class sizes and dedicated faculty who care about your success.
- Classes offered at Green River's conveniently located Auburn Center campus.
- Career events and career preparation services.
- Financial Aid, scholarships and even a part-time job on campus, to those who qualify.
- Fall and Winter program starts available.
According to the Bureau of Labor Market Statistics, the demand for software developers is projected to grow by 17% through 2024 with median pay of $100,690. To get started on your journey towards a new and exciting career, complete a short Request Info form or contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of Attendance
Earning a Bachelor’s degree has never been more affordable.
The estimated price of attending full-time as a Washington state resident is approximately $2,300 a quarter, plus books and course fees. For a detailed breakdown, visit our tuition and fee chart.
How we compare to other Washington universities:
Annual Tuition and Fees Comparison for Washington Residents
|Green River - Bachelor Degree||$6,673.35|
|Evergreen State College||$8,364.00|
|Western Washington University||$8,610.75|
|Washington State University||$11,966.00|
|University of Washington||$11,839.00|
* Estimated tuition and fees for 2015-2016 for Washington State residents, 15 credits per quarter, three quarters per year.
Information on Careers and Earnings
Potential Occupations: Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer
Potential Earnings: $43.87 to $54.86 an hour
Earn your bachelor's
Graduate Program Partnerships
Looking to earn your master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology after completing your bachelor’s degree? The following universities partner with Green River's BAS in Software Development to provide master’s degree opportunities for our graduates.