Would you like extra help with your math class? Come to the Math Learning Center (MLC); we are here to assist you! Our tutors can help you with understanding a homework problem or clarifying a concept that was presented in class. The MLC is located in CH 313.
The MLC employs students in part-time hourly positions to provide brief tutorial math assistance on a drop-in basis. A schedule of tutors, along with the level of math and the days/times available is posted at the MLC. This tutoring service is free of charge.
Tips for Using the MLC:
- GET TO KNOW THE TUTORS in the MLC who are available for your specific math class. Tutors will be wearing yellow lanyards with nametags.
- CHECK THE SCHEDULE that is posted on the MLC doors to see what times each tutor is working
- FORM A STUDY GROUP with classmates, then meet in the MLC
- USE ONLINE RESOURCES and tutorials – computers are available at the center
- ASK FOR HELP when you need it – just raise your hand or put up one of the colored flags on the tables and/or computers and a tutor will stop by to assist you.
Supplementary Textbooks and Materials
Supplemental texts and materials are available for use in the Math Learning Center and for checkout. Texts are color-coded as follows:
- Math 62 and 70 - yellow
- Math 72 - blue
- Math 97 - orange
- Math 141 and above - pink
Entrance Exam Review Course
A math placement exam review course with Sample Entrance Exams for Math 62, 70, 72, 97, 141/107/170/147, 142, and 151 is available online. Directions for accessing this review material can be found through the Assessment & Testing Center.
The Math Learning Center has several networked computers available for school related student use.
Applications available for use include: Hawkes Learning Systems, Geometer's Sketchpad, MS Office, Minitab, Maple and TI Connect.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday|
|7 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|7 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Cedar Hall, 313
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 4498