If you are struggling with math, come to the Math Learning Center (MLC). We're here to help. The MLC is located in CH 313.
The Math Learning Center (MLC) employs students in part-time hourly positions to provide brief tutorial math assistance for students on a drop-in basis. A schedule of tutors, along with the level of math and the days/times available is posted at the MLC. The services are free of charge.
Tips for Using the MLC:
- Take charge of your own learning - and form your own "study groups" for your math classes - and then meet in the MLC
- Get to know the student peer tutors who are available for your specific classes.
- Practice your math skills and applications.
- Keep in mind that "doing homework" is very different than "studying" and you need to plan time and DO BOTH to be successful.
- Remember that there is a learning curve, which begins very slowly when you first become acquainted with new concepts, skills, tools and applications. Take time and plan ahead and schedule enough study and MLC time to meet your needs.
Supplementary Textbooks and Materials
Supplemental texts and materials are available for use in the Math Learning Center and for checkout on a weekly basis. Texts are color-coded as follows:
- Math 62 and 70 - light yellow and yellow
- Math 72 - light blue
- Math 97 - light orange and orange
- Math 141 and above - hot pink
Entrance Exam Review Course
A math placement exam review course with Sample Entrance Exams for Math 62, 70, 72, 97, 141/107/170/147, 142, and 151 is available online. Directions for accessing this review material can be found through the Assessment & Testing Center.
The Math Learning Center has several networked computers available for school related student use.
Applications available for use include: Hawkes Learning Systems, Geometer's Sketchpad, Internet Access, MS Office, Minitab 14, Maple 15 and TI Connect.
Video tutorials for the following math classes may be viewed in the Math Learning Center or may be checked out: Math 62, Math 70, Math 72, Math 97, Math 141, Math 142, Math 106, Math 151/152/153 and TI-Graphing Calculators (TI-83 and 89).
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday:
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday:
Cedar Hall, 313