What is STEP?
Budgeting for college can be a challenge. Green River wants to help. That is why we offer an easy payment plan called STEP.
STEP is a tuition payment plan available to assist students to pay their tuition and fees in three manageable payments, following the payment due dates listed in schedule below and published in the quarterly class schedule:
- 1st payment of $500 (increase effective summer quarter 2016)
- 2nd payment 50% of balance
- 3rd payment is total balance due
STEP is also an option for students who are waiting for their Financial Aid file to be reviewed.
How to sign up and pay:
- Register for classes.
- Register for item number STEP.
This will add the $25 non-refundable STEP enrollment fee to your class schedule.
- Pay 1st payment of $500 within four business days of registering. (increase effective summer quarter 2016)
- Pay 2nd and 3rd payments by payment due dates listed below:
|Quarter||1st Payment Due||2nd Payment Due|
3rd Payment Due
|Summer 2017||At time of registration||June 13, 2017||July 11, 2017|
|Fall 2017||August 1, 2017||September 5, 2017||October 2, 2017|
|Winter 2018||At time of registration||December 11, 2017||January 8, 2018|
|Spring 2018||At time of registration||March 12, 2018||April 9, 2018|
1st and 2nd payments must be made to the cashier’s office in person or by phone. Third payment/ final payments in full may be made online.
Payments not received by the published due date are subject to the Withdraw/Drop for Lack of Payment policy; you may be withdrawn from unpaid classes without prior notification from the college. Policy is to withdraw in the order of last class added.
- 100% refund of tuition and all fees when a course is cancelled by Green River.
- 100% refund of tuition and fees (minus $25 STEP quarterly enrollment fee) if the student withdraws from classes through the fifth day of the quarter.
- $25 STEP enrollment fee is non-refundable.
If you have any questions, call Enrollment Services at 253-833-9111, ext. 2500.