What is STEP?
Budgeting for college can be a challenge. Green River wants to help. That is why we offer an easy payment plan called STEP.
STEP is a tuition payment plan available to assist students to pay their tuition and fees in three manageable payments, following the payment due dates listed in schedule below and published in the quarterly class schedule:
- 1st payment of 1/3 tuition and fees (change effective summer quarter 2018)
- 2nd payment 1/3 tuition and fees
- 3rd payment is total balance due
STEP is also an option for students who are waiting for their Financial Aid file to be reviewed. Having STEP on a student's schedule is not a tuition deferment hold. Students on STEP are still responsible for making payments by the scheduled deadlines.
How to sign up and pay:
- Register for classes.
- Register for item number STEP.
This will add the $25 non-refundable STEP enrollment fee to your class schedule.
- Follow the published payment due dates
|Quarter||1st Payment Due||2nd Payment Due||3rd Payment Due|
|Summer 2021||June 8, 2021||July 6, 2021||August 3, 2021|
|Fall 2021||August 31, 2021||September 21, 2021 (changed)||October 26, 2021|
|Winter 2022||Deember 7, 2021||January 11, 2022||February 8, 2022|
|Spring 2022||March 8, 2022||April 12, 2022||May 10, 2022|
1st and 2nd payments must be made to the cashier’s office in person or by phone. The third payment/ final payment may be made in full online.
Once a student has made at least a partial payment of tuition while on STEP, they are obligated to the balance and will not be dropped for lack of payment.
* International students have financial requirements with their F-1 student status and may contact the International Programs Office of related procedures.
- 100% refund of tuition and all fees when a course is cancelled by Green River.
- 100% refund of tuition and fees (minus $25 STEP quarterly enrollment fee) if the student withdraws from classes through the fifth instructional day of the quarter.
- $25 STEP enrollment fee is non-refundable.
If you have any questions, call the Office of the Registrar at 253-833-9111, ext. 2500.