Notice of Changes due to COVID-19
Based on the latest recommendations by King County Department of Public Health, Green River College is taking additional precautionary actions to ensure the safety of students.
- Per the Governor's phased re-opening plan, all Green River College students, faculty and staff must confirm they are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell) each day when accessing a GRC facility. Go To the COVID Attestation
- Benefits Hub coaches will still be accepting appointments with students.
- All appointments will be either through phone or Zoom, and the coach will contact the student with further details after the appointment is scheduled.
- The Gator Pantry remains accessible during the Stay at Home order. Please call Campus Safety at 253-288-3350 to be given access.
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically affected your lives. It has caused many of you to experience significant emotional and financial stress while trying to keep yourselves and your families healthy and safe.
Green River College has been allocated funds from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. The CARES Act established and funded the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to provide emergency financial aid grants. These critical funds will help eligible GRC students cover expenses related to unanticipated travel, additional technology requirements, or other needs related to an emergency situation.
During this uncertain time, we want to support you with the tools necessary to continue and complete your educational journey. Therefore, we are excited to announce that additional funding is available from the CARES Act, and other Green River emergency resources, to support students with expenses, including technology, course materials, and living expenses. Fill out an online application today to apply for emergency funding.
By completing the form you will be applying for different funding and support programs offered at Green River College.
Need additional support? Email email@example.com for individualized support to help you be successful this quarter. You can also visit the Green River College Virtual Assistance page for additional resources and support.
Welcome to the Benefits Hub! Everyday financial tools.
Are you balancing a combination of school, work, or life? Are you working as hard as you can, but still having a hard time keeping up with bills and the rising cost of living? United Way’s Benefits Hub will help you get by, get ahead, and stay ahead, so that you can achieve your college and career goals.
We’ll work with you to “get by” by connecting you with emergency assistance and important income supports to mitigate whatever crisis you’re facing today. Let’s tackle it one step at a time so that you can focus on your other priorities.
Once you’ve achieved stability, we’ll help you “get ahead” by creating and building savings. And finally we’ll make sure you “stay ahead” by talking through ways to improve your credit score and building a plan with you to continue to build assets and ultimately reach your financial goals.
Benefits Hub offers one-stop financial assistance and enrollment in benefits, including:
- FAFSA/WASFA Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Homelessness Prevention and Housing Navigation
- Financial Coaching
- Food Resources
- Help Paying for Financial Emergencies
- Connections to Additional Community Resources
- Enrollment in Public Benefits
- Reduced fare ORCA Lift program
- Assistance in applying to EBT (Basic Food/Food Stamps)
Please Note: At this time drop-ins are through the virtual Career and Advising Center lobby. Please visit Green River College Virtual Assistance to connect to the Career and Advising Center.
- 9 - 11 a.m. M-Th
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries.
Workshops and Information Sessions
Join us for workshops and information sessions to learn more about resources available on campus!
Join us for workshops and information sessions to learn more about resources available on campus! Check back for updated events.
For questions, inquires and connections to additional resources please contact us!
Benefits Hub Campus Coordinator
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2569
Benefits Hub Coach
Benefits Hub Coach
Benefits Hub Coach
Benefits Hub Advocate
Zoom Meeting ID: 948 403 075 59
For resources and support related to basic food needs, toiletries, and personal items.
M-Th: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Please check in at the front desk of the Career and Advising Office (SA 104) for appointments and drop-ins.
- Gator Pantry
- Financial Aid
- Progress and Completion Center
- Career and Advising Center
- Workforce Education
- Green River College Foundation
There are currently no events for this period.