Welcome to the Benefits Hub! Everyday financial tools.
Are you balancing a combination of school, work, or life? Are you working as hard as you can, but still having a hard time keeping up with bills and the rising cost of living? United Way’s Benefits Hub will help you get by, get ahead, and stay ahead, so that you can achieve your college and career goals.
We’ll work with you to “get by” by connecting you with emergency assistance and important income supports to mitigate whatever crisis you’re facing today. Let’s tackle it one step at a time so that you can focus on your other priorities.
Once you’ve achieved stability, we’ll help you “get ahead” by creating and building savings. And finally we’ll make sure you “stay ahead” by talking through ways to improve your credit score and building a plan with you to continue to build assets and ultimately reach your financial goals.
Schedule an appointment today with one of our coaches, stop by the Career and Advising Center (SA-104) during our drop-in hours, or sign up for one of our upcoming workshops to learn more about the opportunities available to you here at Green River.
Benefits Hub offers one-stop financial assistance and enrollment in benefits, including:
- FAFSA/WASFA Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Homelessness Prevention and Housing Navigation
- Financial Coaching
- Food Resources
- Help Paying for Financial Emergencies
- Connections to Additional Community Resources
- Enrollment in Public Benefits
- Reduced fare ORCA Lift program
- Assistance in applying to EBT (Basic Food/Food Stamps)
Drop in Hours
- Financial Coaches: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 3 - 4 p.m.
- Benefits Access Specialist (WithinReach): Monday through Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 3 - 4 p.m.
During Tax Season (January 15 - April 18) United Way provides free, walk-in tax preparation assistance on campus. This service is open to anyone (students, staff, faculty, community members etc.) making less than $66,000/year. Please check back for updates on location and time.
Workshops and Information Sessions
Join us for workshops and information sessions to learn more about resources available on campus!
For questions, inquires and connections to additional resources please contact us!
Benefits Hub Coach
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2569
Please check in at the front desk of the Career and Advising Office (SA 104) for appointments and drop-ins.
- Gator Pantry
- Financial Aid
- Progress and Completion Center
- Career and Advising Center
- Workforce Education
- Green River College Foundation
There are currently no events for this period.