- To proactively build and sustain community with a comprehensive, collaborative team that identifies behaviors which are a risk of harm to self or others.
- To promote campus safety by fostering a culture of reporting and reducing bureaucratic process.
- To help and support students via educational, rather than punitive means, according to established protocols and transparent procedures while protecting the privacy and rights of individuals.
- To track and monitor problematic behavior by providing consultation, referral, and support to faculty and staff.
- To provide training and education as we work together to promote student and community success.
- To assess, evaluate, and evolve BIT team functions and protocols while identifying and refining best practices.
- To provide comprehensive wrap-around support for student success.
BIT Team Members
- Deb Casey, VP Student Affairs
- Derek Ronnfeldt, Director Campus Safety
- Liz McKinney, Devon Klein Counseling Faculty
- Cyndi Rapier, Director of Housing, International Programs
- Shane Daetwiler, Judicial Officer
Immigrant & Refugee Resources
For the latest news and updates regarding U.S. immigration policy, please visit the Holman Library's guide on Immigrant and Refugee Resources.
Contact Campus Safety
Non-Emergency: From any campus phone, dial 3350. All other phones 253-288-3350.
Safety Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Campus Safety & Transportation: Derek Ronnfeldt