Earthquakes strike suddenly, violently and without warning. The likelihood of a large earthquake occurring in the Puget Sound region is high. Therefore, it is important to know safety precautions during an earthquake.
- If inside, stay there
- If outside, get into an open area
- Get under a desk or table, or stand in a doorway or corner
- Stay clear of windows, bookcases or mirrors
- Extinguish any open flames our sources of ignition immediately
- If in a multi-story building, stay on the same floor. An evacuation may not be necessary. Wait for instructions from safety personnel
- DO NOT use elevators
- DO NOT rush for doors
- DO NOT re-enter buildings until notified OK to do so by officials
Click here for information about Narcan (Naloxone HCI) Opioid Overdose Response.
Contact Campus Safety
Non-Emergency: From any campus phone, dial 3350. All other phones 253-288-3350.
Safety Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Campus Safety & Transportation: Derek Ronnfeldt
Alerts & Notifications
Sign up to receive safety, crime, traffic, training, and weather alerts on our Emergency & Safety Alerts page.