Monitoring executive performance is synonymous with monitoring organizational performance against Board policies on College Outcomes and Executive Limitations. The Board will monitor performance in a manner as to have systematic assurance of policy compliance.
- Policy compliance may be monitored by any method at any time, but the monitoring shall include at least one of the following methods:
- Internal reports: Disclosure of compliance information to the Board from the president. Internal reports may include community and student surveys, assessment of student learning, Washington state performance reporting, financial and monitoring reports on college outcomes.
- External reports: Disclosure of compliance information by an external auditor or other person or entities external to the institution. External reports may include audit and accreditation information.
- Direct board review: Discovery of compliance information by a Board member or the Board as a whole. Discovery by an individual Board member will be reported to the Board Chair for review by the Board as a whole. Review may be of documents, activities or circumstances directed by the Board, which allows a prudent person test of compliance.
- College Outcomes and Executive Limitations will be monitored by the Board no less than annually.
- The Board will typically review executive performance at its annual July retreat including discussion of the president’s working job description. The Board, in conjunction with the president, shall also develop an annual assessment instrument to be used during this review.
History of Policy
Draft: November 4, 2003
Adopted: April 15, 2004
Revised: January 16, 2014
- GP-1 Policy Governance Commitment
- GP-2 Governing Style
- GP-3 Board Job Description
- GP-4 Board Chairperson's Role
- GP-5 Community College District No. 10 Bylaws
- GP-6 Board Code of Ethics
- GP-7 Naming of Facilities
- GP-8 Civility and Mutual Respect
- GP-9 Participatory Governance
Board Staff Relationships
- BSR-1 Order Delegating Authority
- BSR-2 President's Job Description
- BSR-3 Monitoring Presidential Performance
- BSR-4 Staff Reports to the Board
- BSR-5 Other Board Interactions
- EL-1 General Executive Constraint
- EL-2 Treatment of People
- EL-3 Compensation and Benefits
- EL-4 Financial Planning/Forecasting
- EL-5 Financial Condition
- EL-6 Asset Protection
- EL-7 Communication/Counsel to the Board
- EL-8 Emergency Executive Succession
- EL-9 Reserves