The Board of Trustees will govern with an emphasis on outward vision rather than being overly preoccupied with internal college operations. Because of this focus and a concentration on the identified core objectives, to the extent possible, college staff and faculty shall address the following four questions during formal Reports to the Board.
- How does this program/activity/initiative align with the College strategic plan?
- What are the benefits and/or impacts to students? How will this contribute to student learning, success and completion?
- How will success be defined and measured?
- What is the future outlook? (feasibility, sustainability, improvement)
- How does this program/activity/initative align with the college's diversity, equity and inclusion practices?
All documents and reports presented to the Board must be submitted in writing to the Board Secretary for inclusion in the official meeting minutes.
History of Policy
Draft: 11/4/03, 10/10/19
Revised: 1/16/14, 12/18/14, 11/21/19
- GP-1 Policy Governance Commitment
- GP-2 Governing Style
- GP-3 Board Job Description
- GP-4 Board Chairperson's Role
- GP-5 Community College District No. 10 Bylaws
- GP-6 Board Code of Ethics
- GP-7 Naming of Facilities
- GP-8 Civility and Mutual Respect
- GP-9 Participatory Governance
Board Staff Relationships
- BSR-1 Order Delegating Authority
- BSR-2 President's Job Description
- BSR-3 Monitoring Presidential Performance
- BSR-4 Staff Reports to the Board
- BSR-5 Other Board Interactions
- EL-1 General Executive Constraint
- EL-2 Treatment of People
- EL-3 Compensation and Benefits
- EL-4 Financial Planning/Forecasting
- EL-5 Financial Condition
- EL-6 Asset Protection
- EL-7 Communication/Counsel to the Board
- EL-8 Emergency Executive Succession
- EL-9 Reserves