College Transfer Education – Green River College will provide programs and services that prepare learners for transition to and success in further degree programs.
- Access – increase student access through availability of needed classes, advising, collaboration among programs and alternative educational strategies with special attention to diverse student populations
- Success – increase student retention, completion, transfer rates, and proficiency in four-year programs for all students with special attention to diverse student populations
- Equity – increase accommodation for our students and communities with diverse needs
- Responsiveness – increase responsiveness to regional, state and national educational and employment needs (e.g., STEM [Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics], applied baccalaureate degrees)
- Collaboration – increase external collaboration with four-year baccalaureate institutions involving transfer pathways including course requirements, advising, and curriculum changes relevant to evolving career fields and improve and increase efficiency of internal collaboration to prepare students to be transfer ready
Achievement of these core objectives will be measured by the following indicators:
- Students enrolled in transfer programs are retained.
- Students enrolled in transfer programs are prepared to transfer.
- Students enrolled in transfer programs continue their education at 4-year baccalaureates.
- Students are successful as they transfer to baccalaureates.
History of Policy
Draft: January 12, 2005, February 7, 2005, February 15, 2005, March 1, 2005
Adopted: May 25, 2005, October 17, 2013
Revised: September 19, 2013, March 21, 2019
- GP-1 Policy Governance Commitment
- GP-2 Governing Style
- GP-3 Board Job Description
- GP-4 Board Chairperson's Role
- GP-5 Community College District No. 10 Bylaws
- GP-6 Board Code of Ethics
- GP-7 Naming of Facilities
- GP-8 Civility and Mutual Respect
- GP-9 Participatory Governance
Board Staff Relationships
- BSR-1 Order Delegating Authority
- BSR-2 President's Job Description
- BSR-3 Monitoring Presidential Performance
- BSR-4 Staff Reports to the Board
- BSR-5 Other Board Interactions
- EL-1 General Executive Constraint
- EL-2 Treatment of People
- EL-3 Compensation and Benefits
- EL-4 Financial Planning/Forecasting
- EL-5 Financial Condition
- EL-6 Asset Protection
- EL-7 Communication/Counsel to the Board
- EL-8 Emergency Executive Succession
- EL-9 Reserves