Treatment of and dealings with students, employees, and members of the community shall be humane, fair, respectful, and dignified. Accordingly, the president shall:
- Operate with policies and/or procedures that set forth student and employee rules, provide for effective handling of grievances, ensure due process, and protect against wrongful conditions.
- Comply with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to students and employees including those pertaining to discrimination and equal opportunity.
- Take action when becoming aware of any violation of state or federal laws, rules, or regulations, or of Board policies.
- Encourage students and employees to use established grievance procedures.
- Acquaint students and employees with their rights and responsibilities.
History of Policy
Draft: December 12, 2003
Adopted: April 15, 2004
Revised: February 18, 2014
- GP-1 Policy Governance Commitment
- GP-2 Governing Style
- GP-3 Board Job Description
- GP-4 Board Chairperson's Role
- GP-5 Community College District No. 10 Bylaws
- GP-6 Board Code of Ethics
- GP-7 Naming of Facilities
- GP-8 Civility and Mutual Respect
- GP-9 Participatory Governance
Board Staff Relationships
- BSR-1 Order Delegating Authority
- BSR-2 President's Job Description
- BSR-3 Monitoring Presidential Performance
- BSR-4 Staff Reports to the Board
- BSR-5 Other Board Interactions
- EL-1 General Executive Constraint
- EL-2 Treatment of People
- EL-3 Compensation and Benefits
- EL-4 Financial Planning/Forecasting
- EL-5 Financial Condition
- EL-6 Asset Protection
- EL-7 Communication/Counsel to the Board
- EL-8 Emergency Executive Succession
- EL-9 Reserves