The president shall protect, maintain, and manage the risks of College assets. Accordingly, the president shall:
- Minimize exposure of the organization, its Board, or employees to claims of liability.
- Receive, process, or disburse funds and use state resources under controls that can be successfully audited.
- Safeguard the organization’s public image and creditability to further the accomplishment of the College mission.
- Provide adequate protection against theft and casualty.
- Establish disaster and emergency management plans.
- Reasonably maintain college facilities and equipment.
- Invest funds in a manner that will provide maximum security with the highest investment return, while meeting the daily cash flow demands of the College and conforming to all state and local statutes governing the investment of public funds.
History of Policy
Draft: December 12, 2003, February 16, 2004
Adopted: April 15, 2004
Revised: February 18, 2014
- GP-1 Policy Governance Commitment
- GP-2 Governing Style
- GP-3 Board Job Description
- GP-4 Board Chairperson's Role
- GP-5 Community College District No. 10 Bylaws
- GP-6 Board Code of Ethics
- GP-7 Naming of Facilities
- GP-8 Civility and Mutual Respect
- GP-9 Participatory Governance
Board Staff Relationships
- BSR-1 Order Delegating Authority
- BSR-2 President's Job Description
- BSR-3 Monitoring Presidential Performance
- BSR-4 Staff Reports to the Board
- BSR-5 Other Board Interactions
- EL-1 General Executive Constraint
- EL-2 Treatment of People
- EL-3 Compensation and Benefits
- EL-4 Financial Planning/Forecasting
- EL-5 Financial Condition
- EL-6 Asset Protection
- EL-7 Communication/Counsel to the Board
- EL-8 Emergency Executive Succession
- EL-9 Reserves