The president shall keep the Board adequately informed. Accordingly, the president shall:
- Submit monitoring reports and other key data in a timely, accurate, and understandable fashion, directly addressing provisions to the Board policies being monitored.
- Keep the Board informed of relevant trends, anticipated adverse media coverage, actual or anticipated legal actions, or material external and internal changes, particularly changes in the assumptions upon which any Board policy has previously been established.
- Advise the Board, if in the president’s opinion, the Board is not in compliance with its own policies on Governance Process and Board-Staff Relationships, particularly in the case of Board behavior which is detrimental to the working relationship between the Board and the president.
- Present accurate and complete information that is concise, current and relevant.
- Provide a mechanism for official Board communication.
- Communicate with the Board as a whole, except when fulfilling individual requests for information.
- Report in a timely manner an actual or anticipated noncompliance with any policy of the Board.
History of Policy
Draft: December 12, 2003, February 16, 2004
Adopted: April 15, 2004
Revised: March 20, 2014
- GP-1 Policy Governance Commitment
- GP-2 Governing Style
- GP-3 Board Job Description
- GP-4 Board Chairperson's Role
- GP-5 Community College District No. 10 Bylaws
- GP-6 Board Code of Ethics
- GP-7 Naming of Facilities
- GP-8 Civility and Mutual Respect
- GP-9 Participatory Governance
Board Staff Relationships
- BSR-1 Order Delegating Authority
- BSR-2 President's Job Description
- BSR-3 Monitoring Presidential Performance
- BSR-4 Staff Reports to the Board
- BSR-5 Other Board Interactions
- EL-1 General Executive Constraint
- EL-2 Treatment of People
- EL-3 Compensation and Benefits
- EL-4 Financial Planning/Forecasting
- EL-5 Financial Condition
- EL-6 Asset Protection
- EL-7 Communication/Counsel to the Board
- EL-8 Emergency Executive Succession
- EL-9 Reserves