This policy is intended to ensure that students have access to official electronic communication from the college and understand their responsibilities related to this form of communication.
Green River College provides email accounts to students as a tool for sharing important information regarding registration, financial aid, deadlines, student life, and more. Email allows the college to communicate quickly and efficiently and provides standardized, consistent communication with Green River Community College students. The student email accounts are cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
Green River College has selected an email system that is accessible over the Internet through standard browsers in order to provide universal access to all students. In order to ensure all students have access to this important form of communication, student email is accessible from anywhere there is an available Internet
Student email will be available to all currently enrolled students.
- Use of Student Email
An official Green River Community College email address is required for all students and is generated upon receipt and processing of their applications. The College has
the right to send official communications to these email addresses. The College will use this address for official communications with all students.
The College expects that every student will receive email at his or her College email address and will read email on a frequent and consistent basis. A student's failure
to receive and read College communications in a timely manner does not absolve that student from knowing and complying with the content of such communications.
All use of email will be consistent with other Green River College policies including the SS24, Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy.
- Access to Student Email
Students who are not in possession of a personal computer and/or other mobile device with Internet access can use computers available in the open computer
labs at the College or at the local library.
- Re-directing/Forwarding of Email
Students may elect to redirect (auto-forward) email sent to their College email address. Students who redirect email from their official College email address to
another address do so at their own risk. The College is not responsible for the handling of email by outside service providers. If email is lost because of
forwarding, it does not absolve the student of the responsibilities associated with communications sent to their official College email address.
Instructions on how to begin using College email accounts (www.greenriver.edu/studentemail) :
- Click the “First Time? Look Up My Student Email Address” box
- Enter your last name, birth date, and student ID number
- Last Name: type your family name
- Birth Date: type six digits (February 15, 1989 would be 021589)
- Student ID: do not type dashes (840123456)
- Click on “Get Your Email Address”
- Write down your email address
- Click on “Log Into GRC Student Email”
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: March 2, 2010
Adopted: June 29, 2010
Reviewed by: President’s Staff
Contact: Deborah Casey, Dean of Student Services and Retention, ext. 3328
President’s Staff Sponsor: Deborah Casey, Dean of Student Services and Retention, ext. 3328
General Administrative Policies
- GA-1 Drug Free Campus
- GA-2 Tobacco Use
- GA-3 Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse
- GA-4 Use of Photo Release
- GA-5 Prohibited Activities
- GA-6 Trespass
- GA-7 Distribution of Materials
- GA-8 State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- GA-9 Hours of Operation
- GA-10 Reasonable Accommodation
- GA-11 Sex Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- GA-12 Tenure
- GA-13 Grant/Contract Proposal Development
- GA-14 Grant/Contract Procedures, Post Award
- GA-15 Human Subjects Research Compliance
- GA-16 Public Records
- GA-17 Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- GA-18 Traffic and Parking
- GA-19 Logo & Trademark Use Guidelines
- GA-21 Redevelopment of Policies
- GA-22 College Publications
- GA-23 Ethics
- GA-25 Student Email Communications
- GA-26 Social Media
- GA-27 Copyright Infringement
- GA-28 On-Campus Outdoor Memorials & Markers
- GA-29 Web Policy