To establish a process for approving any permanent changes in the hours of operation of non-instructional departments providing direct services to students.
All students, employees and visitors of Green River College.All non-instructional departments providing direct services to students including but not limited to, the testing center, cashiering, library, print shop, etc. "Auxiliary" services (such as the book store) are exempt from the approval process.
Policy and/or Procedure
Quarterly, the chair of the Hours of Operation committee sends out an email to all noninstructional departments providing direct services to students and asks for updated hours of operation.
Unit (department) collects and analyzes data on existing hours of operation and decides if changes are needed.
If the unit (department) has minor changes, they send these directly to the webmaster who updates the website.
If the unit (department) has major changes, these are sent to the chair of the Hours of Operation committee chair who then polls the committee membership as to impact on all areas of campus.
If the committee reaches consensus that the change will not negatively impact services to students, the change is implemented. If the committee does not reach consensus, the majority opinion is forwarded to the Executive Vice President for coordination and approval. Once approved by the EVP, the change is submitted to the webmaster who updates the website.
If the committee reaches consensus that the change will negatively impact students, it is sent back to the unit (department) for modification and begins the process again at Step #2.
The Hours of Operation are maintained on the Green River website.
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: October 25, 2004
Adopted: April 5, 2005
Contact: Frank Wilson, Hours of Operation Committee Chair, ext. 4634
President’s Staff Sponsor: April Jensen, Executive Vice President, ext. 2565
General Administrative Policies
- GA-1 Drug Free Campus
- GA-2 Tobacco Use
- GA-3 Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse
- GA-4 Use of Photo Release
- GA-5 Prohibited Activities
- GA-6 Trespass
- GA-7 Distribution of Materials
- GA-8 State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- GA-9 Hours of Operation
- GA-10 Reasonable Accommodation
- GA-11 Sex Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- GA-12 Tenure
- GA-13 Grant/Contract Proposal Development
- GA-14 Grant/Contract Procedures, Post Award
- GA-15 Human Subjects Research Compliance
- GA-16 Public Records
- GA-17 Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- GA-18 Traffic and Parking
- GA-19 Logo & Trademark Use Guidelines
- GA-21 Redevelopment of Policies
- GA-22 College Publications
- GA-23 Ethics
- GA-25 Student Email Communications
- GA-26 Social Media
- GA-27 Copyright Infringement
- GA-28 On-Campus Outdoor Memorials & Markers
- GA-29 Web Policy