GA-31 Fully Vaccinated Campus Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure compliance with Proclamation 20-12.5 & 21-14.2 issued by Governor Jay Inslee.
This policy applies to all Green River College students, employees, and contractors.
- For purposes of this policy, a person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use by the FDA (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after they have received a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use by the FDA (e.g., Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen).
- For purposes of this policy, Green River College considers a person fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that is listed for use by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Green River College will require students, staff, faculty and contractors who participate in or attend courses, operations, or other activities in person to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any medical and religious exemptions required by law. Masks are required to be on campus indoors and outdoors.
For purposes of this policy, Green River College considers a person fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that is listed for use by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Green River College will implement a procedure to verify the vaccination status of students, staff, and faculty and the process for exemption from the vaccination requirement which will allow for:
- Verification of the vaccination status or exemptions of all staff and faculty as required by the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).
- Verification of the vaccination status of students by obtaining proof of full vaccination status, self-attestation, a CDC vaccination card, documentation of vaccination from a health care provider, or a state immunization information system record, or obtaining a hard copy/electronically signed self-attestation from the student.
Student attestations must include the following information:
- The dates when each dose of the COVID-19 vaccine was administered to the student.
- Language stating that the student is attesting to the truthfulness of their self-attestation and will be subject to disciplinary action if their self-attestation is determined to be untruthful in violation of the Green River College’ code of conduct ( WAC 132J-126-090(25)(a) ).
- Language stating that the Green River College and state and local public health officials may require further verification of the student’s vaccination status, including observing the student’s CDC vaccination card, state immunization information system record, or other documentation.
Green River College requires every student, staff, faculty, contractors and visitors to wear a mask while on campus following the Secretary of Health guidance. Those who claim an exemption to the vaccination requirement and every volunteer and contractor must also wear a face covering at all locations indoors and out in accordance with the Secretary of Health’s face covering order and to comply with any applicable L&I workplace safety requirements.
As conditions warrant, Green River College will put in place additional requirements and safety measures to protect all individuals.
Effective Dates: August 27, 2021 & September 27, 2021
History of Policy or Procedure:
- Draft Date: September 1, 2021
- Policy/Procedure Adopted: 10-19-2021
- Reviewed By: GRC Re-Opening Committee
- Contact/Executive Sponsor: Dr. Deb Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
General Administrative Policies
- GA-1 Drug Free Campus
- GA-2 Tobacco Use
- GA-3 Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse
- GA-4 Use of Photo Release
- GA-5 Prohibited Activities
- GA-6 Trespass
- GA-7 Distribution of Materials
- GA-8 State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- GA-9 Hours of Operation
- GA-10 Reasonable Accommodation
- GA-11 Sex Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- GA-12 Tenure
- GA-13 Grant/Contract Proposal Development
- GA-14 Grant/Contract Procedures, Post Award
- GA-15 Human Subjects Research Compliance
- GA-16 Public Records
- GA-17 Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- GA-18 Traffic and Parking
- GA-19 Logo & Trademark Use Guidelines
- GA-21 Redevelopment of Policies
- GA-22 College Publications
- GA-23 Ethics
- GA-25 Student Email Communications
- GA-26 Social Media
- GA-27 Copyright Infringement
- GA-28 On-Campus Outdoor Memorials & Markers
- GA-29 Web Policy
- GA-30 PCI DSS COMPLIANCE POLICY
- GA-31 Fully Vaccinated Campus Policy