To ensure employees use accrued paid leave for absences whenever possible.
All eligible Green River College employees who accrue paid leave.
Except as allowed by law or negotiated agreements, employees are required to use and exhaust paid leave such as vacation, personal holiday, compensatory time, or sick leave when requesting time away from work. Except as allowed by law or negotiated agreements, leave without pay will only be granted at the discretion and convenience of Green River. Each request for leave without pay will be considered on its own merits and in light of the impact of the leave on the operation of Green River.
Employees must report leave without pay on the Employee Electronic Time/Leave Reporting (TLR) System. The employee must provide notice “as soon as practical” (“as soon as practical” generally means at least verbal notice to the Office of Human Resources & Legal Affairs within two business days of learning of the need of Leave.) Leave must be approved by the supervisor for the appropriate department.
Faculty Negotiated Agreement
Classified Collective Bargaining Agreement
HR-31 Family & Medical Leave Act
History of Policy or Procedure
Human Resources Policies
Hiring and Onboarding
- HR-11 Employment of Relatives
- HR-12 Background Verification
- HR-13 Relocation Compensation
- HR-17 New Employee Orientation Program
- HR-21 Suspended Operations - Employee's Leave Options
- HR-22 Nondiscrimination Policies & Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- HR-23 Leave without Pay
- HR-24 Administrative/Exempt Position Title Change
- HR-25 Layoff Procedure for Non-rep Classified
- HR-31 FMLA
- HR-32 Retirement Medical Expense Plan (VEBA)
- HR-33 SBRP (TIAA) Retirement
- HR-34 PERS and TRS Plan Retirement
- HR-35 Shared Leave Policy
- HR-36 Fitness for Duty Policy
- HR-37 Domestic Violence Leave
- HR-38 Vacation Policy