To clarify the process for official administrative/exempt position title changes.
This policy applies to all administrative/exempt employees of Green River College.
All requests for administrative/exempt position title changes must be initiated and approved by the appropriate appointing authority. Position title changes requested by the employee will not be considered
- The appropriate appointing authority shall request a position title change by:
- The appropriate Employee & Labor Relations Manager will review and validate any changes made to the job description.
- The Vice President of Human Resources & Legal Affairs will approve or deny the request.
- If approved, the Appointing Authority will review the updated job description with the employee, sign, date and submit a copy to HR to be placed in the employee’s employment folder.
- If denied, the VP of Human Resources & Legal Affairs will submit a written justification as to the determination to the employee’s Appointing Authority.
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: January 24, 2003
Adopted: April 5, 2005
Revised: December 4, 2015; June 1, 2017
Reviewed by: President’s Staff
Contact: Sheryl Gordon, Benefits Manager, ext. 2600
President’s Staff Sponsor: Marshall Sampson, Vice President of Human Resources & Legal Affairs, ext. 3315
Human Resources Policies
Hiring and Onboarding
- HR-11 Employment of Relatives
- HR-12 Background Verification
- HR-13 Relocation Compensation
- HR-17 New Employee Orientation Program
- HR-21 Suspended Operations - Employee's Leave Options
- HR-22 Nondiscrimination Policies & Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- HR-23 Leave without Pay
- HR-24 Administrative/Exempt Position Title Change
- HR-25 Layoff Procedure for Non-rep Classified
- HR-31 FMLA
- HR-32 Retirement Medical Expense Plan (VEBA)
- HR-33 SBRP (TIAA) Retirement
- HR-34 PERS and TRS Plan Retirement
- HR-35 Shared Leave Policy
- HR-36 Fitness for Duty Policy
- HR-37 Domestic Violence Leave
- HR-38 Vacation Policy