To clarify the process required when requesting a change of personal information to employee records.
All employees of Green River College.
- All employee requests for contact information changes must be made via the Human Resources & Legal Affairs website under “Employee Contact Information”. Instructions are provided next to the Employee Contact Information link under “Instructions”.
- Employee records will be created according to the name on the employee’s social security card, which must be presented for payroll purposes upon the first day of employment.
- Name changes will not be made to any Green River employee’s records until a Social Security Card documenting the change has been presented to the Office of Human Resources and Legal Affairs.
- Employee requests for contact information changes will be shared with the Benefits
Manager for insurance records.
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: January 24, 2004
Adopted: April 5, 2005
Revised: November 29, 2016; June 1, 2017
Reviewed by: President’s Staff
Contact: Sheryl Gordon, Benefits Manager, ext. 2600
President’s Staff Sponsor: Marshall Sampson, Vice President of Human Resources & Legal Affairs, ext. 3315
Human Resources Policies
Hiring and Onboarding
- HR-11 Employment of Relatives
- HR-12 Background Verification
- HR-13 Relocation Compensation
- HR-17 New Employee Orientation Program
- HR-21 Suspended Operations - Employee's Leave Options
- HR-22 Nondiscrimination Policies & Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- HR-23 Leave without Pay
- HR-24 Administrative/Exempt Position Title Change
- HR-25 Layoff Procedure for Non-rep Classified
- HR-31 FMLA
- HR-32 Retirement Medical Expense Plan (VEBA)
- HR-33 SBRP (TIAA) Retirement
- HR-34 PERS and TRS Plan Retirement
- HR-35 Shared Leave Policy
- HR-36 Fitness for Duty Policy
- HR-37 Domestic Violence Leave
- HR-38 Vacation Policy