HR-41 Employee Change of Personal Information

To clarify the process required when requesting a change of personal information to employee records.

All employees of Green River College.




  1. All employee requests for contact information changes must be made via the Human Resources website under “Employee Contact Information”. Instructions are provided next to the Employee Contact Information link under “Instructions”.
  2. Employee records will be created according to the name on the employee’s social security card, which must be presented for payroll purposes upon the first day of employment.
  3. Name changes will not be made to any Green River employee’s records until a Social Security Card documenting the change has been presented to the Office of Human Resources.
  4. Employee requests for contact information changes will be shared with the Benefits
    Manager for insurance records.

Specific Authority 

Law Implemented

History of Policy or Procedure

Draft: January 24, 2004
Adopted: April 5, 2005
Revised: November 29, 2016; June 1, 2017
Reviewed by: President’s Staff
Contact: Sheryl Gordon, Benefits Manager, ext. 2600
President’s Staff Sponsor: Marshall Sampson, Vice President of Human Resources & Legal Affairs, ext. 3315