Specify the process students need to use to apply for and have their eligibility determined for financial aid at Green River College.
Applies to all students wishing to obtain financial aid at Green River College.
FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid must be completed in order to apply for financial aid at Green River. FAFSA results are used to determine eligibility for financial aid.
Student Aid Report (SAR): Results and report of the information provided on the FAFSA.
Verification: The U.S. Department of Education Financial Aid Central Processing System selects the student’s application and requires the student to provide documentation to the college to show the data provided is accurate.
To apply for financial Aid at Green River students must complete the FAFSA and the Green River Supplemental Financial Aid Application. Priority consideration will be given to students who have submitted required documents by March 15th.
- New students must apply for admission to Green River and be enrolled in an eligible program.
- Students complete the Green River Supplemental Financial Aid Application and return it to the Financial Aid Office.
- Students complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Students review the information on the SAR for accuracy, and make any necessary corrections.
- Students provide any additional information or documentation, as soon as possible, which may be requested by the Green River Financial Aid Office.
- If selected for Verification, students complete the Verification Form sent by the Financial Aid Office and return the completed and signed Verification Form along with Tax Report Transcripts or download IRS tax information directly into the FAFSA for proof of income.
- Students review, sign, and return to the Green River Financial Aid Office any financial aid award letter that may have resulted from the student’s application.
- Student borrowers will be required to complete student loan counseling and a promissory note prior to receiving loan funds.
- Students can request loan funds on application materials or on a loan request form.
- Students register for courses that are required in the student’s eligible program.
President’s Staff, Green River College Board of Trustees
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: February 5, 2005
Adopted: January 6, 2006
Revised: August 22, 2012
Contact: Mary Edington, Director of Financial Aid, ext. 3326
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grades: Changing
- SA-7 Grades: Definitions
- SA-8 Grades: Obtaining
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-19 Personal Violence, Harassment & Assault
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-25 Grades: Incomplete Agreement
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Prior Learning Assessment
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy