Policy Type: Student Affairs
Policy Title: Financial Aid Application Process
Policy Number: SA-13
Specify the process students need to use to apply for and have their eligibility determined for financial aid at Green River College.
Applies to all students wishing to obtain financial aid at Green River College.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid must be completed in order to apply for federal financial aid at Green River. FAFSA results are used to determine eligibility for federal, state, and institutional financial aid.
- WASFA: The Washington Application for State Financial Aid is for students who don’t meet the requirements of the FAFSA but meet the residency requirements of HB-1079, have DACA status, or other eligibility criteria as determined by the Washington Student Achievement Council.
- Student Aid Report (SAR): Results and report of the information provided on the FAFSA.
- Verification: The required process, initiated by The U.S. Department of Education’s Central Processing System, which selects a student’s application and which requires the student to provide documentation to the college to show the data provided on the FAFSA is accurate.
To apply for financial Aid at Green River College, students must complete the FAFSA/WASFA. Priority consideration is given to students who have submitted required documents by the published priority processing dates. Student financial aid applications are not considered complete until all required documents have been submitted.
- Students complete the appropriate application online.
- Students review the information on the SAR, if applicable, for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
- Students provide any additional information or documentation as requested by the Green River Financial Aid Office, preferably by the priority processing date.
- Students will receive a financial aid notification and may accept or decline offers for loans and/or work-study funds via the financial aid portal or by submitting a signed financial aid notification.
- Student borrowers will be required to complete online student loan counseling and a loan agreement prior to receiving loan funds.
- Students register for courses that are required in the student’s eligible program. Financial Aid will pay towards any outstanding tuition and fees prior to disbursing aid to the student.
Green River College
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft Date: May 22, 2018
Policy Adopted: January 6, 2006
Procedure Adopted: January 6, 2006
Policy Revised: August 22, 2012, August 13, 2018, February 7, 2020
Procedure Revised: August 22, 2012, August 13, 2018, February 7, 2020
Reviewed By: Student Affairs Leadership Team
Sponsor: Teresa Buchmann, Director of Financial Aid, ext. 3326
Executive Team Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy