Define eligibility requirements for federal student aid programs.
All students applying for federal student aid.
Recipients of federal financial aid at Green River must meet the following criteria:
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Not be enrolled in an elementary or secondary school even if simultaneously enrolled in an eligible postsecondary program.
- Be enrolled as a regular student seeking an eligible degree or certificate.
- Make satisfactory academic progress.
- Meet enrollment status requirements.
- Have resolved any drug conviction issues.
- Not be in default on a student loan.
- Not owe a repayment of educational grant funds.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Register with selective service if required to do so.
- Review all eligibility edits of the Federal Student Aid Central Processing System for each financial aid applicant.
- Review student’s prior higher education enrollment to determine satisfactory academic progress.
- Review the registration information to determine program eligibility and enrollment intent.
- Review the admissions information to determine high school diploma or GED.
- Review information from the National Student Loan Database for default, concurrent enrollment, refund of any previous grants, overpayments, and Pell Grant and loan disbursements.
Federal Regulations (HEA Sec. 484)
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: February 5, 2005
Adopted: January 6, 2006
Revised: August 22, 2012
Contact: Mary Edington, Director of Financial Aid, ext. 3326
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grades: Changing
- SA-7 Grades: Definitions
- SA-8 Grades: Obtaining
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-19 Personal Violence, Harassment & Assault
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-25 Grades: Incomplete Agreement
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Prior Learning Assessment
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy