Policy Type: Student Affairs
Policy Title: Academic Honors
Policy Number: SA-02
Provide information and guidelines for eligible students to earn academic honors.
All eligible Green River students.
Academic Honors: Designation of award based on academic achievement at the completion of a two-year or four-year degree.
|Associate Degree Honors Status||Bachelor Degree Honors Status|
|Highest Honors||GPA 3.9 or above||Summa Cum Laude||GPA 3.9 or above|
|High Honors||GPA 3.7 to 3.89||Magna Cum Laude||GPA 3.7 to 3.89|
|Honors||GPA 3.5 to 3.69||Cum Laude||GPA 3.5 to 3.69|
Dean’s List: Designation bestowed as recognition of outstanding academic achievement at the completion of each quarter.
GPA: Grade Point Average
Academic Honors: Degree-level academic honors are bestowed as recognition of outstanding academic achievement at the completion of a two-year or four-year degree. Academic honors are based on cumulative grade point average and based on grades earned at Green River College. A minimum of 24 credits must be graded (not pass/non-credit).
Dean’s List: Quarterly academic honors are bestowed as recognition of outstanding academic achievement at the completion of each quarter. The official Green River College record that a student has qualified for the Dean’s List is the notation on the student’s Green River College transcript. Dean's List designations are available beginning in spring quarter 2020, and subsequent terms.
In order to qualify, a student must:
- Be enrolled in a credential-seeking program (e.g., certificate, 2-year or 4-year degree);
- earn at least twelve (12) credits of graded course work, and
- earn a quarterly GPA of 3.50 or higher.
Academic Honors: Graduates who achieve outstanding grade point averages are eligible to purchase honor cords to wear at commencement and are recognized in the annual commencement program. All levels of honors will be noted on the diploma and Green River College transcript.
Dean’s List: Students who qualify for the list will receive a congratulatory letter from the Dean of Student Affairs and a notation will be made on the student's transcript.
Intercollege Relations Commission (ICRC)
Faculty Curriculum Review Committee (FCRC)
Green River College Instructional Council (IC)
Vice President of Student Affairs
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: January 13, 2005
Adopted: January 6, 2006
Revised: April 18, 2019, June 14, 2022
Contact: Jenny Wheeler, Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar, ext. 2503
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy