Provide information and procedures for eligible students desiring to audit a class.
All eligible Green River students.
- Audit: Enrolling in a class for “information only.” No grade or credit awarded. Regular tuition and fees apply. An Audit does not satisfy the requirements for earning a degree or certificate.
- Eligible Students: All Green River students. The following students/program participants are not eligible: Running Start, Financial Aid recipients, High School Completion (HSC), Work First, Worker Retraining, Adult Basic Education (ABE) and English as a Second Language (ESL).
- GPA: Grade Point Average.
- “N”: A transcript marking placed next to a class indicating the class was Audit only.
Eligible students may audit a class by enrolling for “information only” (no credit or grade earned) and attending class regularly. Eligible students must declare their intention to audit a class at the time of registration, but no later than the tenth day of the quarter. Students must pay regular tuition and fees. Upon completion of the quarter, an “N” will post next to the respective class on the student’s transcript, indicating “No Grade” (Audit). An “N” does not affect the GPA.
An audit cannot be rescinded after the tenth day of the quarter.
At the time of registration, but no later than the tenth day of the quarter, the student must declare their intention to audit a class in person at Enrollment Services (SA-277).
Note: “Audit” declaration cannot be rescinded after the tenth day of the quarter. Students should seek guidance from their respective faculty advisor or educational planner prior to enrolling in a class as an audit.
Green River College Instructional Council
Financial Aid – 34 CFR 668.20
High School Completion program – Office of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction
Running Start – RCW 28A.600.300 through 28A.600.380, RCW 28A.150.260 and
Work First/Worker Retraining – State Board Community and Technical Colleges
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: January 13, 2005
Adopted: January 6, 2006
Revised: February 22, 2013, August 7, 2018
Review and Approval by Presidents Office: 8-2-18
Contact: Denise Bennatts, Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar, ext. 2510
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy