Provide information and guidelines for responding to reports of a deceased student.
All staff, faculty and administrators.
Deceased Student: Notification of a deceased current or former Green River student
Upon notification of a deceased student, Green River College will initiate appropriate actions to lessen the emotional impact of the situation. Primary areas include, but are not limited to: Enrollment Services, College Relations Office, Counseling Office, and the Vice President for Student Affairs or designee.
In order to prevent confusion, undue stress and to maintain academic integrity, it is important to verify a report of a deceased student in a caring and tactful manner.
Within 24-hours of notification and verification of a deceased student, the following actions will be taken:
- Notify Public Information Office.
- Notify Counseling Office and forward a copy of current class schedule.
- Modify transcript record to indicate deceased student.
- Modify registration database to prevent future automatic informational mailings.
- If applicable, process 100% refund of current quarter course(s), payable to the estate of the deceased student. Note: Coordinate with Financial Aid and Cashiers Office.
- Send an all-campus notification as to the death of the student.
Public Information Office:
- Respond to all media inquiries related to student’s death.
- Contact the deceased student’s instructors and offer to visit each class on the deceased student’s registration schedule. Note: Faculty may choose to tell classmates themselves.
- Counselor arranges a time and location for campus community to be able to meet and talk about the loss.
- Send an all-campus notification to the above time and location, as well as any future associated gatherings.
Vice President of Student Affairs or designee:
- Serves as contact person, along with Counselor, for further memorial options as appropriate.
Green River College Board of Trustees
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: April 5, 2005
Adopted: June 29, 2007
Revised: February 22, 2013
Contact: Denise Bennatts, Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar, ext. 2510
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grades: Changing
- SA-7 Grades: Definitions
- SA-8 Grades: Obtaining
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-19 Personal Violence, Harassment & Assault
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-25 Grades: Incomplete Agreement
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Prior Learning Assessment
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy