SA-8 Grades: Obtaining

Provide information and procedures for students to access their grades.

All students, staff, faculty and administrators of Green River

Official Transcript: A transcript validated by the college’s Registrar and is in a sealed transcript envelope. Generally, other institutions require students to submit official transcripts to transfer credits to their institutions.

SID: An individualized Student ID number assigned by Green River. A SID is non-changeable.

PIN: A randomly selected Personal Identification Number assigned by Green River. For added security, students may change their PIN at

Unofficial Transcript: A transcript, which is not validated by the college’s Registrar or is in an unsealed envelope. Note: Unofficial and official transcripts contain the same information.

Current quarter grades are posted to students’ transcript approximately 5-business days upon completion of the quarter. Students may access their grades and unofficial transcripts on the internet ( using their Student Identification (SID) number and Personal Identification Number (PIN.) For convenience, students may access their grades and unofficial transcript at various locations on campus (i.e. Student Affairs and Success Building,
Holman Library).

Grade discrepancies must be addressed by the student with the issuing faculty member. If the issuing faculty member is no longer at Green River, contact the appropriate instructional division chair.

Only grades and credits earned at Green River will post to a Green River transcript.

In order to comply with Family Educational Privacy Act 1972 (FERPA), student grades will not be released to third parties without prior written permission of the student.

To obtain an “official transcript”, see policy “SA-09, Transcripts”


To obtain student grades from the internet (

  • Click on “Online Services” (on the top menu)
  • Click on the “Student Info” tab
  • Click on “Unofficial Transcript”
  • Enter student SID and PIN
  • Click on “Get My transcript”

If student does not know their SID or PIN, contact Enrollment Services at 253-833-9111, ext. 2500, or stop by Enrollment Services, Registration Office, located on the second floor of the Student Affairs and Success Center.

To change a PIN:

  1. Click on “Online Services” (on the top menu)
  2. Click on the “Student Info” tab
  3. Click on “Student PIN Change”
  4. Enter student SID
  5. Enter “Old PIN”
  6. Enter “New PIN” (performed twice for verification)
  7. Click on “Change”

Specific Authority
Green River College Registrar
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act 1972

Law Implemented

History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: November 17, 2005
Adopted: June 29, 2007
Revised: February 22, 2013
Reviewed by:
Contact: Denise Bennatts, Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar, ext. 2510
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328