Provide information and procedures for students to transfer credits earned to another accredited institution.
All students, staff, faculty and administrators of Green River College.
Accredited: Institutions accredited as outlined by the American Council on Education.
Official Transcript: A transcript validated by a college’s Registrar and in a sealed (unopened) transcript envelope.
Students may submit official transcripts from another accredited institution for credit evaluation.
Credits evaluated as acceptable may be applied toward a specified degree or certificate.
The student submits an official transcript with the Transcript Evaluation Request form to the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar will email the evaluation results to the student within approximately four to six weeks.
Other valid submissions:
- Certified copy of military (DD-214)
- Official military transcripts (JST, CC of Air Force, etc…)
- Note: Military and foreign transcripts may require additional evaluation time.
- Official Advance Placement (AP) scores
- Foreign transcripts (must be translated in English)
- Note: A foreign transcript must be translated in English by a certified agency (i.e. Foundation for International Services)
Upon receipt of evaluation results, the student will need to contact their faculty advisor or an Educational Planner to determine how the evaluation distributes within the students’ degree or certificate requirements.
All transcripts and records submitted become property of Green River College and will not be returned to the student or released to third parties.
American Council on Education (ACE)
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
Green River College Registrar
Green River College President’s Staff
Green River College Board of Trustees
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: March 15, 2007
Adopted: June 29, 2007
Revised: February 19, 2013
Contact: Jenny Wheeler, Director of the Office of the Registrar/Registrar, ext. 2510
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy