This policy is intended to outline the restrictions on the recruitment tactics and practices aimed at securing enrollments of active-duty service members of the armed forces. The policy also is intended to place restrictions on providing commissions, bonuses, or other incentive payments to persons involved in recruiting, admission and student financial assistance activities.
All staff, faculty and administrators of Green River College.
High-pressure recruitment tactic(s): making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration.
Green River College staff, faculty, and administrators are required to refrain from high-pressure recruitment tactics for the purpose of securing active duty service member enrollments.
Furthermore, Green River College staff, faculty, and administrators will refrain from providing commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance. This restriction does not apply to the recruitment of foreign students residing in foreign countries who are not eligible to receive federal student assistance.
34 CFR 668.14(b)(22)
34 CFR 668.71 – 34 CFR 668.75
History of Policy or Procedure:
Draft: May 2021
Adopted: May 27, 2021
Reviewed by: Student Affairs Leadership Team
Contact: Jenny Wheeler, Director of Office of the Registrar/Registrar, ext. 2510
President’s Staff Sponsor: Dr. Deborah Casey, Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 3328
- SA 1 Academic Standards & Progress Policy
- SA 2 Academic Honors
- SA-3 Audit a Class
- SA-4 Admissions
- SA-5 Deceased Student
- SA-6 Grading Policy
- SA-9 Transcripts
- SA-13 Financial Aid Application Process
- SA-14 Federal Direct Loan Program
- SA-15 Financial Aid Eligibility
- SA-16 Return of Financial Aid Funds
- SA-17 Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid
- SA-18 Notification on Convicted Sexual Offenders
- SA-20 Degree Exception
- SA-22 Graduation Criteria
- SA-24 Student Acceptable Computer Use Policy
- SA-26 Age Exemption Policy
- SA-27 Missing Student Policy
- SA-28 Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- SA-29 Facility Access & Maintenance for Safety
- SA-30 Fire Safety Education for CCA
- SA-31 Reporting Crimes and Other Emergencies
- SA-89 Transfer Credit
- SA-90 Prior Learning Assessment
- SA-91 College Holiday & Leave Policy
- SA-92 Timely Warning Notifications
- SA-93 Emergency Notification Policy