Who Takes Green River's International High School Completion Program?
- Students who haven't yet finished high school and want to start their college study in the US.
- High school exchange students studying in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK or New Zealand who want to continue their education in the US.
- Students who don't want to spend their final year studying for their national university entrance exams and prefer to study in the US.
How Does the International High School Completion Program Work?
Students must complete all remaining course requirements set by the State of Washington for a high school diploma as well as the following additional requirements:
- Transcript Evaluation: Student must submit high school transcripts translated into English. Our International High School Completion evaluators assess your transcripts and let you know how many classes you will need to complete at Green River to get your high school diploma. Most students can fulfill high school requirements by completing six classes.
- English Proficiency: High School Completion classes are academic classes. You must meet English proficiency requirements in order to begin academic classes.
- Academic Planning: Upon meeting the English proficiency requirements, you work with your assigned international student advisor to develop an individual academic plan. This plan includes the classes you need for High School Completion and University Transfer.
- Graduation: After completing the program requirements, you apply for graduation and receive a Washington State High School Diploma.
- Transfer to Universities: Academic advisors assist in class selection and university transfer planning to top US universities.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Students are not eligible if they already completed high school and received a diploma in their home country or the U.S.
International High School Completion students should follow the same Admissions guidelines. See Admissions. In addition, applicants should submit a transcript of any high school attending including 9th grade.
All students need to demonstrate eligibility for academic classes.
Students qualify for direct admission into our academic program if they meet one of our approved English Proficiency requirements: TOEFL 61/173/500, IELTS of 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0, or academic placement on Green River's English placement test. For more information go to English Proficiency Requirements for Academic Programs.
U.S. high school exchange students who provide their U.S. high school transcripts prior to orientation are eligible to take our academic placement test.
Transferred to: UC Berkeley
"Hearing about the High School Completion program in the US, I was eager to skip 2 years of high school by attending Green River College."
Major: Applied Mathematics
Transferred to: UC San Diego
“The High School Completion Program was a great opportunity for me to begin my journey to the United States earlier and learn about cultural, historical, and political aspects throughout the process of obtaining my High School Diploma. At the same time, I could also complete the college-level classes which saved a lot of time."
Major: Communication Studies/Psychology
Follow us on:
The application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is 8 a.m. on the first day of in-person orientation.
|3 January 2023|
|23 March 2023|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|1 February 2023|
|Orientation Student (virtual)|
|15 & 16 March 2023|
|Orientation Parent (virtual)|
|17 March 2023|
|Arrival & Housing Move-in Day|
|29 March 2023|
|In-Person Orientation Day|
|30 March 2023|
|3 April 2023|
|16 June 2023|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699