IEO - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Intensive English Online and the Intensive English Program.
- What is the IEO? The Intensive English Online (IEO) program is for first-quarter international students who want to improve their English online before they come to Green River College. Students will study in small groups and will receive personal attention. Students can enroll at different times during the quarter (see more below).
- How is the IEO different from the IEP? During COVID-19, IEO and IEP classes will be offered online. The table below explains how the IEO and IEP differ:
IEO IEP Start date Can start later in the quarter – week 2 through week 10 Must start at the beginning of the quarter – no late start Progress
Diagnostic test when student starts class to determine gaps and learning is targeted specifically to fill in the gaps
Placement test at the end of the quarter to determine level for the next quarter
If student is motivated and works really hard, it is possible to make faster progress.
Diagnostic tests to confirm the placement and to make student aware of learning gaps
If student passes the level, s/he will move to the next level the next quarter
16-years old requirement Can start mid-quarter just after turning 16 Must be 16 at the start of the quarter
- When can students start their IEO classes? Students can start at any of the start dates listed below. Please note that when students start on particular dates, they have to continue until the end of the quarter.
Start Dates Tuition 03/31/21 $3,651 04/07/21 $3,319 04/14/21 $2,987 04/21/21 $2,655 04/30/21 $2,323 05/07/21 $1,991 05/14/21 $1,659 05/28/21 $1,327 06/04/21 $995
Start Dates Tuition 06/28/21 $3,651 07/06/21 $3,194 07/12/21 $2,737 07/19/21 $2,280 07/26/21 $1,823 08/02/21 $1,366 08/09/21 $909
- Can students come for just a few weeks in the middle of the quarter and then leave before the quarter ends? No. For example, if students sign up to start on the 3rd date, they must continue to study until the end of the quarter.
- What if a student starts in the first week? Students who start in the first week will be regarded as regular IEP students, they will pay regular tuition ($3,651), and the regular agent commission applies. They are not IEO students.
- Can students take the IEO after their first quarter? No. This program is only for first-quarter students during COVID.
- Can students take the IEO two quarters in a row? No, they can only take this class in their first quarter.
- When is tuition due? Tuition is due on the first day of their start date.
- Are there any additional student fees? No. We charge a flat student rate.
- Are there other special things to consider? Yes
- Students, must be 16 years old when they start the program
- They must submit an application:
- Show intent to come to the USA and study for academic purposes
- Provide financial statements
- State that they will go back to their home country upon completion of their studies
- Provide a copy of their passport
- Pay the $50 application fee
Will this program be offered again in fall 2021? No, starting fall 2021, students will be able to take Fast Track English where there will be two intakes per quarter (week 1 and 6) during regular quarters (fall, winter, spring). There will be only one intake in the summer quarters because they are shorter.
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|28 June 2021|
|19 August 2021|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 August 2021|
|8 & 9 September 2021|
|Arrival & Housing Move-in Day|
|16 September 2021|
|In-Person Orientation for Students|
|17 September 2021|
|20 September 2021|
|9 December 2021|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday|
|9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|