Location: Ames, Iowa
Conditions for Admission
- Conditional Guaranteed Admission (CGA)
Admission is guaranteed if the conditions listed are fulfilled.
- Completion of at least 36 transferable Green River quarter credits
- Proven English proficiency by completing one of the following:
- IBT: score of 71 with minimum scores of 17 in the Speaking and Writing sections
- PBT: score of 530
- IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no sub score below 5.5
- SAT Critical Reading: a minimum score of 420
- PTE: score of 48
- Complete the equivalent of ISU English 150 or English 250 with a B grade or higher
- Cumulative 2.30 transferable grade point average (GPA); College of Engineering requires 2.75 GPA
Students may apply for the International Merit Scholarship and the Presidential Transfer Award (students may only receive one) worth up to $8,000 and $7,000 respectively.
NOTE: This conditional guarantee pertains to general Iowa State University admission, but not necessarily to all majors at the university. Some colleges or schools have higher admission requirements.
For further explanation see Glossary of Conditions.
Have questions about the University Transfer Pathway program?
Transferred to: Embry-Riddle, Prescott
“When I heard about Green River's Transfer Pathway agreement with Embry-Riddle, a top Aeronautical University, I applied.”
Transferred to: UCLA
“I chose Green River because the staff were really helpful and because of the University Transfer Pathway Program. The college has pathway relationships with many universities. My mom was happy to see that Green River has a Pathway with UC Irvine.”
Major: Computer Science
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|24 September 2018|
|13 December 2018|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 November 2018|
|Airport Arrival & Housing Move-in Day:|
|26 December 2018|
|Orientation & Testing Begins:|
|27 December 2018|
|2 January 2019|
|22 March 2019|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699