Glossary of Conditions
- Conditional Guaranteed Admission (CGA) means admission is guaranteed if the conditions listed are fulfilled. A Designated Pathway (DP) means that the university has designated conditions by which admission is very likely, but not guaranteed, if the conditions are fulfilled.
- English requirements – “T” = TOEFL; “I” = IELTS. E101 and E126/7/8 represent the two English composition courses that are generally taught by all colleges and universities in the US. Students must complete both of these classes to earn Associate Degrees in most majors, so they are not classes taken especially for admission to UTP partner schools. E101 is known at Green River as Engl&101. The English 126/7/8 are composition classes geared to humanities, social sciences and business/science respectively. Students would choose the right one for their majors.
- Conditions of admission – Each cooperating university issues its own admissions letter with its conditions clearly outlined therein. The conditions of admission can change without notice, and take precedence over the information contained in this chart
- Impacted majors – “Impacted majors” are those in very popular fields where there are special admission requirements in addition to the guaranteed conditional admission requirements above. Architecture and nursing are often two such fields. Check the websites to see which majors are impacted, and what their special requirements are.
- Transferable credits – These refer to college-level courses which generally transfer to universities. Most but not all academic classes numbered 100 or higher transfer. Read 104 and Engl 100 are two commonly-taken GRC courses numbered 100 or higher that do not transfer. Classes numbered lower than 100 are considered developmental courses and do not transfer. Most college students can earn 90 transferable quarters in two years, although they may need a summer quarter to do so.
- Associate Degree – This can mean Associate in Business Administration, Associate of Arts or Associate in Science.
- English composition courses – Engl&101 and one of English 126, 127 or 128, two classes in total, are the standard freshman and sophomore composition classes required by all US colleges and universities. English 126 is writing for humanities, 127 writing for social sciences, and 128 for science/engineering/business. Most international students take Engl 128.
- Minimum Green River College gpa – The minimum gpa required to earn a GRC Associate Degree is 2.0. Most international students do far better. In Fall 2013, the median GRC international student gpa was 3.5.
Have questions about the University Transfer Pathway program?
Transferred to: Embry-Riddle, Prescott
“When I heard about Green River's Transfer Pathway agreement with Embry-Riddle, a top Aeronautical University, I applied.”
Transferred to: UCLA
“I chose Green River because the staff were really helpful and because of the University Transfer Pathway Program. The college has pathway relationships with many universities. My mom was happy to see that Green River has a Pathway with UC Irvine.”
Major: Computer Science
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|24 September 2018|
|13 December 2018|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 November 2018|
|Airport Arrival & Housing Move-in Day:|
|26 December 2018|
|Orientation & Testing Begins:|
|27 December 2018|
|2 January 2019|
|22 March 2019|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699