"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
Develop one of the most sought-after skillsets in today’s technology industry.
UX designers create exciting and user-friendly online experiences for everyone. They improve the function, usability and accessibility of websites, apps and software programs. This provides online interactions for users that are informative, easy and worthwhile.
Green River's UX Design Certificate program provides you with a solid foundation in current user-focused design best practices and skills for online content. You will learn how to apply design principles to development of web content, improve site usability and create design documents using detailed procedures and guidelines.
The Certificate is Recommended for Individuals
- Who want to create effective user-centered designs for web and software solutions
- Who want to develop their user experience research and analytical skills, understand user needs, conduct interviews and field studies, etc.
- Who want to acquire hands-on skills in UX design
- Who want to increase their value to their employer or their marketability in the job market
- Courses cover UX skills to embed user focused design in the development process, as well as technical skills in HTML, CSS and designing for multiple devices
- Curriculum is developed by UX design professionals
- All courses include hands-on projects with an emphasis on collaborative work
- Program culminates in a capstone project in which participants demonstrate accumulated knowledge via a portfolio
- Courses are offered in the evenings and on weekends
- Job growth in this field tends to trend along with job growth for web developers. Job growth for web developers from 2014-2024 is 27 percent. This is significantly higher than the average for all occupations. This growth is fueled by increases in e-commerce and use of mobile devices. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Listed as one of the best jobs in America with big growth, great pay and satisfying work (CNNMoney/PayScale's Top 100 Careers)
To learn more about our UX Design Certificate, attend our free UX Design Certificate Information Session.
The UX Design Certificate has five required courses, totaling 66 hours of course work. Most people are able to complete the Certificate in as little as two quarters. You may register for the courses individually, or register for a series of courses to receive a discount.
Click on the courses listed below for schedules, prerequisites, required textbooks, prices and to register online.
|Required Courses||Hours||Quarters Typically Offered|
|User Experience (UX) Design Certificate Part 1
(2 Class Series)
|User Experience (UX) Design Fundamentals||18||Winter|
|HTML5 and CSS3 and Online Content Management Tools||18||Winter|
|User Experience (UX) Design Certificate Part 2
(3 Class Series)
|Responsive Web Design||12||Spring|
|User Experience Design Capstone||12||Spring|
|Part 1 and Part 2||66|
To earn a Certificate of Completion, you must take all five required courses, attend 80 percent of each course, participate in class and complete the UX Design Certificate Capstone course per the outlined requirements.
For additional information, please call Green River Continuing Education at 253-833-9111, ext. 2535.
Green River College
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2535