"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
User Experience (UX) Design is one of the most sought-after skillsets in today's technology industry.
Green River's UX Design Certificate program provides you with a solid foundation in current user-focused design best practices and skills for online content. You will learn how to apply design principles to development of web content, improve site usability and create design documents using detailed procedures and guidelines.
The Certificate is Recommended for Individuals
- Who want to create effective user-centered designs for web and software solutions
- Who want to develop their user experience research and analytical skills, understand user needs, conduct interviews and field studies, etc.
- Who want to acquire hands-on skills in UX design
- Who want to increase their value to their employer or their marketability in the job market
- Courses cover UX skills to embed user focused design in the development process, as well as technical skills in HTML, CSS and designing for multiple devices
- Curriculum is developed by UX design professionals
- All courses include hands-on projects with an emphasis on collaborative work
- Program culminates in a capstone project in which participants demonstrate accumulated knowledge via a portfolio
- Courses are offered in the evenings, so they don't interfere with work
- Complete the Certificate in as little as two quarters or at your own pace
- Register for courses individually, or register for a series of courses and save
- Job growth in this field tends to trend along with job growth for web developers. Job growth for web developers from 2014-2024 is 27 percent. This is significantly higher than the average for all occupations. This growth is fueled by increases in e-commerce and use of mobile devices. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Listed as one of the best jobs in America with big growth, great pay and satisfying work (CNNMoney/PayScale's Top 100 Careers)
- Register for an Information Session to learn more about the program, the UX Design profession and to meet the instructor.
- Or, register for the first required course, User Experience (UX) Design Fundamentals.
The UX Design Certificate requires 66 hours of course work. Most people are able to complete the Certificate in two quarters. You may register for the courses individually, or you can save money by registering for a series of courses. Click on the course titles below for current offerings, required books, prices and to register online.
|Required Courses||Hours||Quarters Typically Offered|
|User Experience (UX) Design Certificate Part 1
(3 Class Series)
|User Experience (UX) Design Fundamentals||12||Winter|
|HTML5 and CSS3||12||Winter|
|User Experience (UX) Design Certificate Part 2
(3 Class Series)
|Responsive Web Design||12||Spring|
|User Experience Design Capstone||12||Spring|
|Part 1 and Part 2||66|
Most courses have prerequisites. Please see course descriptions for details.
Required textbooks may be purchased through Amazon or other book retailers.
- Killer UX Design: Create User Experiences to Wow Your Visitors, First Edition, by Jodie Moule; ISBN-13: 978-0987153098
- Responsive Web Design (Brief Books for People Who Make Websites, No. 4), Second Edition, by Ethan Marcotte; ISBN-13: 978-0984442577
To earn a Certificate of Completion, you must take all six required courses, attend 80 percent of each course, participate in class and fulfill any other requirements listed in the course outline.
For questions about our UX Design Certificate Program, please contact Green River Continuing Education at 253-856-9595, ext. 5000.
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2535
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092
Phone: 253-856-9595, ext. 5000
417 Ramsay Way Ste. 112
Kent, WA 98032
1414 Griffin Avenue
Enumclaw, WA 98022
1221 D Street NE
Auburn, WA 98002
Hours vary by location