About College in the High School
College in the High School is an opportunity for high school students to earn Green River College credits in a class they take at their high school.
- Exposure to college level academic courses and expectations with a built-in support system to develop the skills necessary to succeed
- Access to localized, affordable college courses
- Access to Green River resources, including the library, advisors, and Green River faculty
- A seamless, positive transition from high school to Green River College or any other postsecondary institution
- Earning Green River College credits on a permanent transcript after successful completion of the course
Ask your high school counselor or teacher about Green River College in the High School opportunities at your high school.
Please check back for more information as this page is developed.
Participating High Schools
Participating High Schools for the 2016/2017 School Year
Kentridge High School
Courses offered include:
- Programming Fundamentals (earn credit for IT 102)
- Intro to Networking (earn credit for IT 131)
- Programming 1 through AP Computer Science (earn credit for IT 219)
Contact your counselor to sign up for these classes at your high school! A Green River CHS staff member will visit your class at the beginning of the semester to present CHS opportunities and discuss the registration process.
Tahoma High School
Courses offered include:
- AP Computer Science (earn credit for IT 102 at Green River)
- AP Computer Science (earn credit for IT 219 at Green River)
Current CHS Students
If you're a student in a CHS class this year, we want you to be aware of all the resources available to you.
Explore your options below.
Download the College in the High School Student/Parent Handbook.
You are 100% a Green River student and have access to educational and career planning, just as any Green River student. Please feel free to call or email us with questions or to make an appointment to plan your education beyond high school.
Accessing Your Transcript
You can view your grades and unofficial transcript online approximately one week after the last day of instruction published on page three of the quarterly class schedule.
If you have any questions about College in the High School or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with an Educational Planner please do not hesitate to contact us!
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2624
The College in the High School Office is located in the Career & Advising Center (SA 126) on the Main Campus.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092