5 Reasons to Choose Green River College Now
By Wendy Lee Stewart, Vice President, International Programs, September 1, 2020
There is no need to delay your education. With Green River College, you can stay home, stay safe, and stay on schedule! Here are the top 5 reasons why you should choose Green River College now:
1. Comprehensive Support
- Green River College is fully staffed. Many other institutions have had to let staff go due to budget cuts, but GRC has maintained the same staff and support.
- Virtual Assistance Lobbies - Students can get live support from our advisors, housing staff and our Student Life office
- Monday Majors - Our International Student Advisors are sharing their knowledge about different popular majors every Monday live on Facebook. Make sure to follow us so that you can get the notifications.
- Take classes from the comfort of your own home. If you are concerned that your English is not good enough, we can help.
- Intensive English Online - Learn English at times that are convenient for you. There are 10 different start dates per quarter. We offer one day free observation before enrollment for students who are interested.
- Academic Classes with English Support - In order to support your success in an academic class, Green River has created a Communication Studies class that fulfills a general education requirement and is very transferable to most universities throughout the U.S. The class will be taught by a Communication instructor and supported by an Intensive English Program instructor who will provide language and study skills support.
- College Experience and Foundation for Success now at convenient times for those studying from their home country
- Classes cost less at Green River. Did you know that if you are enrolled in a four-year university, like the University of Washington, a 5 credit class such as English 101 will cost you $6,402. That same class at Green River College costs $1,537.15. That is a huge savings. If you are studying online from home, you can enroll in one class if that is all you need.
- Take classes that fit your schedule
- Live Student and Parent Orientations
- Live help from advisors
- Flexibility in getting into Intensive English and some academic classes
- Online campus tours. Email Tawnya McLavey for a tour or any questions you have about our campus.
- Easy application process
5. High Quality
- Green River continues to be a leader when it comes to University Transfer. We are committed to helping students achieve their dreams, transform their lives, and make the world a better place.
- Check out our Transfer Record: Students transfer to top universities across the country and abroad.
We at Green River College want to make pursuing your education easy. We are happy to assist our students. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.