Green River College Ranked #1 in Washington State
By International Programs, March 22, 2022
Green River College (GRC) Ranks #1 when it comes to the number of international students at a community college in Washington State, and #11 in the USA overall. - IIE Opens Doors Report for 2019-20.
Why is Green River College the first choice for many international students?
Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Top Transfer Program - GRC students get into top universities across the country and the world - See transfer record.
- Over 40 University Partnerships - When you apply for either the university transfer or high school completion programs, you can choose to receive a conditional admission letter or statement from one of our University Transfer Pathways
- Transfer Fair - Largest in Washington State for community colleges - Twice a year over 80 universities visit our campus so students can ask questions about transferring, housing, scholarships, internships, and more with university representatives.
- High School Completion Program - In Washington State, qualified high school students can skip up to two years of high school, take university classes at a college, and receive dual credit for their high school diploma and a two-year college associate degree.
- Cost Savings - Tuition at most public and private universities is more than three times the tuition at community colleges.
- Small Class Sizes - College class sizes are typically small (20-35) and students receive close personal attention from their faculty and advisors.
- Large Staff - Our program offers 40+ caring staff members who support the needs of our international student population.
- Peer Mentors - New international students are paired with a current student who is trained to help them adjust to living and studying in a new country.
- Advisors work with students within a specific major - Advisors assist students with preparing an educational plan to show them exactly which classes are required to transfer to specific universities/majors. They are experts in their subject areas and can pass along that wisdom to students.
- Beautiful Location - Green River is surrounded by forest and trees and is 45 minutes south of Seattle.